With the recent disaster crises in Haiti, celebs have rushed to the small county's aid. The American Red Cross is reporting that The American Red Cross's Text Program ("Haiti" to 90999) alone has raised over $20 Million in support of the Haiti Relief effort. We want to tribute this post of the stellar celebrities who have also contributed to the cause, showing that they truly have both inner and outer beauty.
We can't decide what we loved more about Wilde at the Golden Globe Awards-her spunky ponytail or her stunning gunmetal Gucci dress. We can definitely try to copy her hairstyle, but we were also excited to hear that Olivia will be auctioning the dress and donating all the proceeds to Haitian Relief. This isn't Wilde's first help for Haiti duty-in December she helped with building a school there.
Bullock may have played saint to Michale Oher in The Blindside, but in real life Bullock has donated $1 million to Doctors Without Borders, which provides
Blog Posts by RealBeauty.com
With the recent disaster crises in Haiti, celebs have rushed to the small county's aid. The American Red Cross is reporting that The American Red Cross's Text Program ("Haiti" to 90999) alone has raised over $20 Million in support of the Haiti Relief effort. We want to tribute this post of the stellar celebrities who have also contributed to the cause, showing that they truly have both inner and outer beauty.Read More »from These Stars Have Inner (and Outer!) Beauty
What we wouldn't give to be sitting outside at our favorite weekend brunch place, sipping a margarita with friends, our nose sweating from our sunglasses. As usual, our thoughts are interrupted by a rush of frigid air flying up our pant leg. Brr. When it's freezing cold outside, our bodies run into more than a few skin issues. Make your face and body glow again with these head-to-toe picks our editors are using now. Then, find out how to winter-proof your skin.Read More »from Cold Weather Saviors - What We're Using Now
For Peeling, Chapped Lips
Neosporin Overnight Renweal Treatment
How many licks does it take to get your lips chapped? Fewer than we thought. This ultra-conditioning lip cream works to heal your pout as you're getting zzz's. It's also a good conditioner for smoother lip color application. How to treat seriously chapped lips.
For Dry, Cracked Hands
Shaveworks The Cool Fix
Nothing is worse than the painful cracks that scour the surface of your hands. Our beauty editor usually uses this product for her bikini line to rid the area
You probably know this bubbly blonde as the two-time Dancing with the Stars champion. But she's also a country music singer (she just wrapped her first tour) as well as an actress (she's filming the upcoming musical Burlesque and starring in the remake of Footloose). Here, Julianne shares her must-have products and favorite beauty tricks.Read More »from Beauty Tips from DWTS' Julianne Hough
"My hair isn't naturally very long. In fact, it only comes to my collarbone. That's why I always wear 6-inch clip-in extensions. I cannot go anywhere without them! Back in October I dyed my hair darker for a movie test. It was a fun change, but it took some time to get used to my new look. As for hair care, my sister owns three Aveda concept salons in Nashville, so she turned me on to Aveda shampoos and conditioners. I also love Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray ($14, drugstore.com)."
"I work with an amazing makeup artist, and I'm always picking up different tips and learning about products. I love Armani Luminous Silk
Out with the old and in with the new! We all hang on to makeup longer than we should, but with the new decade in full swing, make a vow to start fresh for your face's sake. Follow this timeline to see if you should keep or ditch what's currently in your makeup bag. Your skin will thank you!Read More »from When to Throw Out Your Makeup
Get an instant makeup makeover!
Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner
Every 3 months
Mascara and liquid liners are two of the most common places for bacteria to live, because of their wet nature. Eye-enhancing makeup how-to
Pencil Eyeliner and Powder Eye Shadow
Every 2 years
Keeping your eyeliners sharpened will help them stay fresh longer. As for shadows, replace your brushes and applicators often or at least give them a good cleaning. How to get sultry, smoky eyes
Cream Eyeliner and Cream Eye Shadow
Every 12 to 18 months
It's easier for bacteria to grow in cream bases so these need to be replaced more often. Fake wide-awake eyes
Liquid Foundation and Concealer
Every 6 months
To make them last as long
Are you feeling as full and bloated as we are from peppermint bark, eggnog and sherbert punch? Jump start the new year with an simple and painless detox that will make keeping your diet and fitness resolutions easier than ever.
1. Go for whole, unprocessed foods. Detoxing doesn't have to mean starving yourself or drinking only a concoction of lemon water and cayenne pepper (the rumored Master Cleanse Beyonce used to slim down for her "Dreamgirls" role) for three weeks. Just giving your body a break from refined foods for a few days will give it the time and space it needs for its own healing mechanism to kick in. Quick and easy ways to drop 5 pounds.
2. Exercise. Sweating is one of your body's natural elimination processes. Help things along while you're detoxing by visiting a sauna or steam room, a heated yoga class, or talking long walks on warm days. Get more tips on starting a low-drama detox.
3. Add some lemon to your water.The acid in the lemons assists in theRead More »from The Top 5 Detox Rules to Follow
Blake Lively-we're so jealous of you. Though we're not exactly on a first-name basis, what we do know is that you have flawless skin, an annoyingly perfect smile and great hair. Not to mention that when the ball drops this New Year's Eve, you will be kissing Penn Badgley and we will be in a crowded loft party most likely running away from the drunkest boy at the party. But thus is life.
You can admit it, you're jealous of Ms. Lively too, whether she's stringing along Nate Archibald on Gossip Girl or sharing a denim sisterhood. That hair! If we had long, Rapunzel-ish hair like that we'd rule the world, or at least turn some heads on the crosstown subway! The gene pool really pulled together for Lively and though it's not her fault, we shall remain silently beauty envious of her.
If you are blessed in the hair department like Lively and are looking for an easy updo to ring in 2010, a side Read More »from How to Get Blake Lively's Side Ponytail
Having trouble deciding how to do your 'do this New Year's Eve? As they say, out with the old and in with the new! Here are five sexy styles that will help you celebrate the past year and kick off 2010!Read More »from 5 Hot Hairstyles for New Year's Eve
1. Sport tiny braids. Worn by the likes of Lauren Conrad and Nicole Richie, this style is not only young and sexy, but it's also super simple. Get the step-by-step instructions here.
2. Classic waves are feminine and festive. Boost your glam-factor and add some holiday sparkle with a bold red lip or a fun hair accessory. Check out our guide for getting your wave on here.
3. A sleek ponytail is sophisticated and stylish. Its simplicity also allows you to play up your makeup, so take your look to the next level with some bold eyeshadow and a classic lip. Get the full sleek ponytail how-to here.
4. Can't decide between an updo and long, loose hair? Get the best of both worlds with a sexy half-up style. It's classic, easy and tres, tres chic!
5. Try an "undone" updo like a chignon.
With the last shopping weekend before the Christmas, we're wishing that December had a few extra shopping days. If you're like us and have waited until the last minute to do your holiday shopping, a long, daunting weekend is waiting. Here are three de-stressing techniques to keep in mind whether you're feeling the pressure now or sweating in the long check out lines.
- Do you stress every day? Check out 52 Ways to De-Stress.
1) Plug in your iPod. You don't want to seem like one of those aloof teenagers you see in Target, but popping in your ear buds are useful when you can't stand another rendition of "Little Drummer Boy." for when you need to tune out your bustling surroundings as you're strolling the aisles.
2) Avoid coffee and opt for green tea instead. Large amounts of caffeine can make you irritable, and once you pair that with irritated shoppers and crowded parking lots, it's disastrous. Carry a Nalgene or Swigg bottle of water with you to keep you hydrated.
3) Take a deep Read More »from 3 De-Stressors for Standing in Line This Weekend
Now that most network prime time shows have had their fall finales, we have an excuse to tune into MTV's latest TV show, The Jersey Shore. Have you been watching it? (Thursday nights at 10 p.m. on MTV). We have to admit, having some New Jersey representation on our staff, that we were skeptical of this show at first. And although there are many more things to comment on, we beauty gals have to stay focused on hair-related matters.
She is shown with her signature hairstyle here. What do you think - is it a do or a don't? We think it is a pretty big undertaking for such a little body to handle. Snooki is probably a fan of the Read More »from The Hair That's Taken Over The Jersey Shore
Just like most Caucasian haircare tips do not apply to African American hair, Asian women need special expertise, especially when it comes to eyes. Here are five tips for enhancing your eye shape and brightening up your color. Please share your own makeup tips below!Read More »from 5 Makeup Tips to Enhance Asian Eyes
1. Use a waterproof black gel or creme eyeliner using a brush with short, stiff bristles. Applying gel liner takes a little getting used to, but it's easier to handle than a liquid. Asian eyes can definitely pull off the winged liner look, and the waterproof formula makes it easy to execute and smudge-free.
2. Experiment with a variety of colors. If you are a brown-eyed girl, consider yourself lucky since you can get away with any hue under the rainbow. (With a slew of color options, companies like Urban Decay and Makeup Forever are your best friends.) Try on different eye shadows in our instant makeup makeover tool!
3. Try on false lashes. Because of the monolid, your eyelashes tend to point down instead of naturally