What you'll need:
1. CLUSTERS of fresh oak leaves, plus seasonal elements such as rose hips and pinecones, and ribbon.
2. WREATH BASE of wire, vine, or straw.
3. TOOLS: floral wire, waxed green floral twine, a wire cutter, and scissors.
1. Attach a loop of floral wire to the wreath form for hanging.
2. Secure leaf clusters to the form by wrapping twine around stems with an overlapping motion, adding new clusters to conceal twine with each pass.
3. Accent with wired clusters of rose hips, pine cones, or tiny bottle gourds. Add ribbon.
IN A HURRY?
Enjoy the wreath without the work. Purchase a fresh oak leaf wreath that is ready to hang, or embellish it with your own gatherings. Pacific Coast Evergreens; (415) 781-4274.
For more easy-to-make seasonal wreaths, keep reading DIY Wreath Ideas.
Related Articles from Country LivingRead More »from DIY Oak Leaf Wreath