Sushi-making is a snap-and so healthful-with our salmon-avocado sushi recipe. Be sure to use authentic sushi rice, which retains an appropriately sticky texture for expert rolling.
• 1 cup(s) sushi rice
• 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon(s) rice wine
• 4 nori sheets
• 1/2 avocado, cut into thin slices
• 12 thin asparagus spears, blanched, cooled
• 1/4 pound(s) cured salmon (gravlax), sliced into 1/2-inch strips
• 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame seed
Plus: 30 more recipes for tempting sandwiches, salads, and more »
1. Cook rice according to package instructions. While the rice is still hot, sprinkle with vinegar and rice wine. Toss to mix and cool completely.
2. Hold the nori over a low flame and gently heat it until the sheet turns bright green. Place the nori on a sushi mat, shiny side down, and pat 1/2 cup rice with moist hands onto the nori sheet, leaving a 1-inch border on the opposite edge.
3. Line slices of avocado and either asparagus