1. Subtle Smoky Eye: A full-on smoky eye can be intimidating. Here, Jessica Biel wears a softer version of the standby look. Skip the liner and use brown or gray shadow and a few coats of mascara.
RELATED: 5 Minute Beauty Fixes
2.Simple Ponytail: This style runs the gamut from casual to dressed-up, and when it's styled without too much primping - like Blake Lively's version - the result is very girl-next-door.
RELATED: A Month of Bright Lips
3.Flushed Cheeks: A pop of color will make you look fresh-faced and vibrant. Kate Bosworth wears a bright pink blush, which works with her fair skin.
RELATED: The Best Hair & Makeup at the Golden Globes Red Carpet
4. Soft Blowout: A bouncy blowout - not too straight,not too curly - is natural and always flattering. Katie Holmes gets the look just right: Her color is glossy and her hair looks touchable.
RELATED: Supermodels Without Makeup
5. Pink Lipgloss: Natural makeup always works. Cameron Diaz's look is special because of her subtly lined eyes
Blog Posts by Harper s Bazaar
- Harper s Bazaar | Fashion – Thu, Jan 20, 2011 11:07 PM EST
1. Subtle Smoky Eye: A full-on smoky eye can be intimidating. Here, Jessica Biel wears a softer version of the standby look. Skip the liner and use brown or gray shadow and a few coats of mascara.Read More »from Date-Night Hair & Makeup â€” That Won't Scare Him Off
1. Quick Twist Hairstyle
Here's your formula to look polished fast: Start by massaging Dry Shampoo into your roots. "It soaks up excess oils and adds texture," says hairstylist Andy Lecompte, who works with Jessica Biel and Leighton Meester. Pull hair back into a chignon and twist in Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins ($6.49 for two)--one equals 20 bobby pins.
Balancing work, kids, husband, friends? No time for you often equals lackluster, tired skin. Don't bother layering on the foundation, bronzer, and blush; your skin will just look tired and cakey. The solution: tinted bronzing gel, applied over your face and neck after your morning shower for an instant outer glow--even if you don't feel one on the inside.
Use a lip plumper before lipstick. "Plumpers keep your lips hydrated, which prevents new lines from forming and simultaneously fills creases you already have to stop colorRead More »from 5 Beauty Fixes that Take 5 Minutes or Less
- Harper s Bazaar | Healthy Living – Wed, Jan 19, 2011 1:13 AM EST
Jen Ramey is telling me the story of her life over breakfast at the restaurant Maialino in Manhattan. Without even casting an eye over the decadent Italian menu, she fishes out an herbal tea bag from her purse. She asks for a cup of hot water and urges me to get the doughnuts and cream so she can watch me eat them. A year ago, she would have ordered the doughnuts and a chocolate croissant. A year ago, she was 240 pounds.
Ramey, 48, is one of the most powerful model managers in the fashion industry. Her roster at IMG boasts some of the best girls in the business, like Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy, and Lily Donaldson, which means she's perennially surrounded by young and very thin beauties. But she herself was always on the high end of zaftig. After almost three decades of wrestling with obesity and yo-yo dieting, Ramey had had her fill. Famously tough and hard charging, she's never one to mince words. "I didn't realize how f--- ed up my relationship with food was until I wasn'tRead More »from How to Lose Weight When You Work with Super-Skinny Models
Sensa, the latest dieting craze, promises that you can lose weight and eat what you want - by sprinkling food with a powder that makes you feel fuller faster. -By Patricia Marx
A cardboard box the size of an extremely large pound cake has arrived. Inside are several double-sided plastic salt-and-pepper-style shakers, each housing 20 grams of white powder. This is not what you think. The granules are called Tastants, and they are the slim-inducing component of the Sensa Weight-Loss System.
What is Sensa? It is the Jewish mother of diets. Setting no restrictions on what you may put on your plate-or how much-Sensa practically pleads, "Eat. Have some more! You want butter with that?" Its sole requirement is that before partaking of food, you dust it with Tastants, specially formulated scent and flavor combinations that "help trigger the brain mechanism that signals when you are full," according to its Web site. It promises that you will shed pounds without ever feeling hungry. In aRead More »from Sensa: The Easiest Diet Everâ€“Not.
- Harper s Bazaar | Work + Money – Fri, Jan 14, 2011 12:36 AM EST
1. Try Subtle Highlights: Brighten up your color with subtle, shiny highlights. Redken Creative Consultant for Color, Tracy Cunningham, thinks the metallic trend from the spring runways will also be huge for hair. Here, Anne Hathaway's dark chestnut shade has hints of shimmery gold threads.Read More »from 7 Beauty Trends That Will Instantly Make You Prettier
FIND YOU IDEAL HAIR COLOR
2. Half-Up Hair Is Back: Camilla Belle's half-up style is a serious upgrade from the casual version of years past. Volume is the key to modernizing the look.
MORE GORGEOUS HAIRSTYLES FOR EVERY OCCASION
3. Only Line Your Top Lid: While the smoky eye isn't going anywhere, here's a look that's equally sexy but a bit crisper. Try the combination of big lashes and liquid liner for a modern twist. Here, January Jones wears a hint of shimmery shadow in the inner corners of her eyes for extra brightness.
GET A VIRTUAL MAKEOVER AND TRY THE LOOK RIGHT NOW
4. Try an Updo: From braids to chignons, hairstyles are getting higher. Zoe Saldana's milkmaid braids are simultaneously youthful
We all know it's easy to fall in love, but Alex Kuczynski argues that keeping the romance should be too.Read More »from Is Staying in Love a Choice?
I'll never forget learning the difference between a successful long-term marriage and a failed one. I was in a hair salon on Madison Avenue a week before my wedding, and the woman next to me getting highlights offered her advice. I knew her nephew, and she thought this was enough of a connection to be candid. "Don't let it become like mine," she said, sounding flatly unimpressed with herself. "It's been 10 years, and we've had our children. Now we live in the same house and sleep in the same bed, but it's not really a marriage." She stopped and peered at me from under a Sydney Opera House of tinfoils. "Don't become brother and sister. Make a choice to be something else."
Related: The Hottest New (Private) Spa Treatment.
Now that my husband and I have been together for 10 years, married more than eight, from time to time I pause to reflect on what that woman said. There is so much
If you've been to the gym in the last two weeks, you know the effect of New Years resolutions: It's packed to the brim, and there isn't a free treadmill in sight. Instead of wasting hours waiting in line for a cardio machine, opt for one of these new classes. We tried them out - here's how we fared.Read More »from Want a Ballet Butt? 3 New Workouts To Try in 2011
1. Ballet Beautiful: Mary Helen Bower's tone-without-bulk method of keeping her own body in the same shape it was in during the 10 years she danced with the New York City Ballet. Since retiring, Mary Helen trained Natalie Portman for a year for her role in Black Swan.
DAY 1: I meet Mary Helen after work at the gym in my office building for my first hour-and-a-half-long private session. She is exactly how I expected her to look. She's five nine but reads much longer, with her sinewy limbs showcased in a black long-sleeved scoop-back leotard, burgundy wrap sweater, and black leggings. Her abnormally high arches are encased in ballet slippers, which make my hot-pink Nike trainers look like
Rachel Zoe's husband, Rodger Berman, explains what life with the superstylist is really like.Read More »from What It's Like to be Married to Rachel Zoe
Nothing makes your station in life more clear than when a stranger hands you a camera while he poses with your wife. But I'm proud to say I can now add amateur photographer to my growing list of secondary occupations, which also includes valet, personal assistant, and publicist. While being the husband of überstylist Rachel Zoe lets me waltz confidently into fashion shows with Rachel by my side, the VIP treatment usually stops there. Any delusions of grandeur are interrupted by the words "Excuse me, sir, you're in my seat."
Related: See Rachel Zoe and Roger Berman style pictures
I met Rachel in the summer of 1991. She was 19, and I was 22. She was a restaurant hostess, and I was working as a waiter in Washington, D.C., where we both attended college. I vividly remember the first time I saw her, wearing a tight black minidress, high-heeled pumps, stick-straight hair, and big red lips
We've gathered 10 celeb-tested winter staples that will never go out of style. Eying that camel coat in the window or a luxe cashmere scarf? Take the sartorial plunge - we're betting you'll get your money's worth for years to come. Don't miss 10 more classic winter items.Read More »from 10 Winter Buys that You Wonâ€™t Regret â€” Ever
Camel might be on the forefront of fashion these days, but this chic hue has never had a passé moment when it comes to coats. Seen on the shoulders of Grace Kelly and Katharine Hepburn and now Cameron Diaz, this classic topper is the epitome of luxe and glamour.
Related: 9 Tips for Figure-Flattering Holiday Style
Boots that hit right at the knee have a timeless appeal, not to mention flatter most leg shapes. They look great tucked into jeans and add a cool touch to tights and a dress. Take a cue from Rachel Bilson and invest in a red pair to add punch to your mostly dark winter wardrobe.
Related: Winter Street Style: How Celebs Bundle Up
Leather Biker Jacket
Literally the perfect
- Harper s Bazaar | Fashion – Wed, Nov 17, 2010 11:36 PM EST
It's Catherine Elizabeth Middleton's bridal year, and she'll surely need a trove of stylish looks for all the coming months of celebrations. So while the world speculates on her Big Day style, we're thinking about the in-between-she'll need suits for luncheons, dresses for showers, gowns for the royal galas, and grown-up denim for horsing around North Wales with her fiancé. And while her louche style has earned her an A for understated, it's not aimed at stealing the spotlight - one that is officially now her royal duty (and toast to the late Princess Diana). From New York to Paris, we've picked the best looks from the Spring 2011 collections to suit the future Princess of Wales. See highlights below and then see all the looks on Bazaar.com. By Joyann King
FOR: Kicking back with the prince.
Collection: Derek Lam spring 2011
FOR: Tea with the Queen
Collection: Donna Karan spring 2011
FOR: Meeting theRead More »from Princess Bride Style: Kate Middletonâ€™s Spring 2011 Runway Report