Source: Lauren Bush Share Relationship Advice and Thoughts on Giving Back
Lauren Bush is much more than a pretty face and famous last name. This past weekend at Pixar Animation Studios, Lauren spoke about giving back creatively at the Intersection Event, a conference on innovation. Before her panel, I caught up with the newlywed model and founder of FEED, a project to fight world hunger in conjunction with UN World Food Programme. She shared her relationship advice, as well as the issue she hopes women will pay more attention to and details about her upcoming FEED back. Read our interview below.
TrèsSugar: How have your relationship and career priorities changed with age?
Lauren Bush: "It's been a flow to this point. I don't think there's a perfect science to it. Maybe there is and in that case I'd love to know. I don't have kids yet, therefore I can travel more easily perhaps. I think it's about doing what you love. FEED for me is like my arm. It's like second nature. I feel like
Blog Posts by TresSugar
- TresSugar | Love + Sex – Thu, Jan 19, 2012 2:08 PM EST
Source: Lauren Bush Share Relationship Advice and Thoughts on Giving BackRead More »from Lauren Bush Shares Relationship Advice and Thoughts on Giving Back
- TresSugar | Love + Sex – Thu, Jan 19, 2012 1:56 PM EST
Source: The Pros and Cons of Being Friends With a Former Crush
He used to make you feel weak in the knees, and then suddenly he's your . . . best friend? Whether it's an old crush that's resurfaced or a guy you've recently decided would fit better as a friend, a platonic relationship with someone you used to daydream about can be strange and difficult to navigate. Here are the pros and cons of becoming BFFs with a former crush:
- You're on his "forever" timeline. Girlfriends will come and go, but you'll be one of the lucky women in his life who lasts. Romantic relationships are special, of course, but one of friendship's major bonuses is its ability to endure. Not only will you be in the loop for major life events, you also won't have to worry about splitting up friends if you eventually break up.
- A relationship that's all fun, no complications. Without the drama and pressure of intimacy, you'll be able to enjoy a friendship that's simple, straightforward, and
- TresSugar | Love + Sex – Wed, Jan 11, 2012 3:36 PM EST
TresSugarSource: Katy Perry and Russel Brand's Bittersweet Love Quotes
With the sad news that British funnyman Russell Brand and singer Katy Perry have filed for divorce, we can't help but remember the good ol' days between the fun-loving pair. The two were never shy about dishing on their love for each other, sex, and their offbeat relationship. As we say farewell to their love story, let's reminisce about Russell and Katy's courtship through some of their best quotes on love.
- Russell on Finding the One: "I thought I was promiscuous, but it turns out I was just thorough - to get the right one. I'm ever so happy." - Russell Brand told GMTV
- Katy on 9-Year Age Difference: "We're at different places in our lives, but we can still grow together." - Katy Perry told Harper's Bazaar
- Russell on the Power of Love: "Eventually, I think you find a spiritual and emotional connection with someone, and I think it unifies you with everyone else. I think if you love one person, it
TresSugarSource: Love and Wisdom From Drew Barrymore CharactersDrew Barrymore is engaged to Will Kopelman.
Following yesterday's good news, we're hoping the third time's the charm for the lovable actress, who married Tom Green briefly in 2001 and bar owner Jeremy Thomas at the age of 19. While Drew's had an eclectic love life, she's also played various romantic roles on screen. Let's look back at some of her sage quotes on love and life from characters including classic-Drew roles like Danielle in Ever After: A Cinderella Story and Julia from The Wedding Planner.
- On Star-Crossed Love : "A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?" - Danielle in Ever After: A Cinderella Story
- On First Kisses : "Nothing beats a first kiss." - Lucy in 50 First Dates
- On Your Wedding Day Kiss : "Not porno tongue. Church tongue." - Julia in The Wedding Singer
On Modern Rejection : "I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then
- TresSugar | Love + Sex – Tue, Jan 10, 2012 2:09 PM EST
TresSugarSource: 6 Reasons Bachelor Ben's Season Will Be Craziest Yet
Host Chris Harrison always promises the current season of The Bachelor will be the most exciting one yet, but if last night's premiere of Ben Flajnik's season is any indication, this may take the rose for the craziest one. While we initially thought the old lady contestant would be the newsmaker, she turned out to be the least of the dramatic moments from the night. From this first episode alone we've gathered some clues as to how Ben's search for "the one" will unfold. Check them out below and let us know in the comments if you agree!
- Possible girl-on-girl love: The first feud has begun, between Carrie-Bradshaw-wannabe Jenna and mean girl Monica, who's more interested in her new lady friend than Ben. Watch the video above to see this season's inaugural cat fight evolve into lesbian territory.
- Drunk drama: Jenna's disastrous, alcohol-fueled night began with her forgetting the quote she was going to wow Ben
TresSugarSource: 5 Ways to Bring Sexy Back
Justin Timberlake is making news for reportedly popping the question to girlfriend Jessica Biel. In honor of the good news for the star who brought sexy back, here are five tips for making sex a priority in your life. If you have anything to add, please do so in the comments - the more tips the better!
- Slow Down: Since we're all so busy these days, I'm not too surprised when I hear couples say they don't have time for sex anymore. Instead of making plans night after night, plan to stay home and just be together.
- Wake Up a Little Earlier : If you're both too tired to get it on before bed, set your alarm clock a little earlier and make time for it in the morning. Some a.m. nookie is a great way to start your day, and it'll help give you a little more pep in your step!
- Leave Work at Work: It's easy to get bogged down with the stresses of everyday life, so try to keep your work and personal life separate. Of course there will be
- TresSugar | Love + Sex – Tue, Jan 10, 2012 1:16 PM EST
Source: How to Trick Your Boyfriend Into Watching The Bachelor
For us, the best part about Mondays is our girls' night viewing party for The Bachelor. But sometimes we find ourselves at home for the show, competing with our significant other for the TV (hello, Monday night football). So instead of fighting your man for tube time, here's how to get him hooked on the show!
- Bribe him with food: If you're enjoying yummy homemade snacks and an alcoholic beverage while watching the reality dating show, he's sure to join you on the couch for at least a little bit. And once he gets a taste of the guilty pleasure, he won't be able to turn back!
- Tease the girl-on-girl action: Show him the clip from Ben F's Bachelor premiere last week of two of the contestants cuddling, and he may be curious enough to start watching! Not to mention, you're basically asking him to ogle a ton of hot girls.
- Give him a distraction: The only way I kept my SO seated beside me during the show
TresSugarSource: 2011's Hottest Love and Sex Topics
From sexed-up child stars to colossal engagement rings on famous fingers, celebrities gave us a lot to mull over in 2011. Add in love and sex studies with polarizing findings, and we found a lot of topics to poll our readers on this year. As the new year approaches, let's take a look at some of our most popular polls and see what our readers think about a range of hot topics.
- Are Unmarried Pregnant Women Still Stigmatized? : With stars like Natalie Portman and Kate Hudson announcing the baby before the ring, we wondered if it was no longer taboo to have a baby before marriage. But 75 percent of our readers said unmarried pregnant women are still stigmatized.
- Are You Affectionate With Your Family? : Liv and Steven Tyler enjoyed an evening of father-daughter bonding back in March, so we asked readers if they are super affectionate with their family members; 55 percent said no.
- Which Redhead Do You Find Red Hot?: In
Source: 8 Love Resolutions We Can Actually Keep
The new year inspires a sense of renewal in everyone; with this fresh start comes the notorious concept of New Year's resolutions. While I'm all for putting pen to paper to map out your goals for the year, half the time we feel more guilty about not keeping our resolutions than we feel inspired during the process of writing them down. With that said, setting goals in your love life that are attainable can bring a lot to your outlook on relationships. Whether you're single or seeing someone, here are eight loving resolutions that can actually stick for 2012.
If you're in a relationship. . .
- Practice random acts of relationship kindness. Sometimes we can get so wrapped up in our work obligations and other distractions that we forget about the people who love us the most. No need to make a big deal about these things to your partner. Simply go out and buy their favorite candy, cook up their most loved meal, or put on a little something
TresSugarSource: Meeting the Parents Do's and Don'ts From Movies
The holidays mean lots of family time, and if you have a significant other, you could be meeting his family for the first time over the Christmas dinner. Whether you're in a serious relationship or dating someone new, meeting the family - and especially the parents - can be nerve-racking. While there's no predicting how the meeting will go, thanks to all the movie examples of worse-case scenarios and crazy families, we can at least relax knowing it could be worse. And we can learn what to do and what not to do from these memorable meet-the-family scenes. Check out the tips for meeting the fam now!
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from Meeting the Family Dos and Don'ts from Movies