Source: Former Bachelorette Ali on Long Engagements, Ashley's Sister, and Chris Harrison's Favorite Word
Last night on The Bachelorette, Ashley Hebert swapped her final rose with an engagement ring from J.P. Rosenbaum, finishing out the latest season of the reality show. I chatted with the previous bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky, about why she and fiancé Roberto Martinez don't have a wedding date set (besides her knee injury), her thoughts as a big sister herself on Ashley's sister's harsh behavior, and why she thinks Chris Harrison is one of the funniest people she's ever met.
TrèsSugar: I saw on your Facebook that you were pretty peeved about the whole drama with Ashley's sister.
Ali Fedotowsky: Oh gosh, it was making me so mad! I'm a big sister so I know what it feels like to want to protect your younger sibling. I get that, but I think she sort of crossed the line when she was just really being mean to J.P. When she said, "I don't support you proposing," after knowing him for 15
Blog Posts by POPSUGAR Love & Sex
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Thu, Aug 4, 2011 12:51 AM EDT
Source: Former Bachelorette Ali on Long Engagements, Ashley's Sister, and Chris Harrison's Favorite WordRead More »from Former Bachelorette Ali on Long Engagements, Ashley's Sister, and Chris Harrison's Favorite Word
Source: Dating Profile Warning SignsRead More »from Dating Profile Warning Signs
Single guys may spend hours trying to find the best picture of their abs, smile, or strong jawbone for their online dating profile, but sometimes the littlest details can indicate some pretty major, and not so attractive, personality characteristics.
We asked Julie Fishman, coauthor of The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags, to help us become adept at recognizing deal breakers before the first date with the help of a few paragraphs and a picture featured in a guy's dating profile. Here's what she told us to watch out for:
His profile is a novel. "He either has a false sense of importance or no sense of privacy."
His picture is blurry. "He's trying to hide something or he's extremely lazy."
He has a sleazy username. "Do we need to explain why DoMe69 or OrgasmGiver won't make a good boyfriend?"
He uses disclaimers. "If he goes to great lengths to prove that he's not gay, racist, addicted to crack, whatever, we'd put money on the fact that he
Source: 5 Trusty Tips For Friends With Benefits
Friends With Benefits opens tomorrow and it's got us asking ourselves: how do people make these things work? Can we truly find a solely sexual relationship fulfilling, or will there always be that nagging question in the back of our mind, "Maybe this is something more?" If you're choosing to embark on a FWB relationship, or you've already taken the leap, try these five tips to keep things feeling positive and on an equal playing field.
- Understand what you're signing up for. No matter how you look at it, FWB does not translate to boyfriend. If your guy makes it clear from the get-go that he's not looking for anything serious, don't ignore what he's saying and hope he'll have a change of heart. This is a recipe for disaster.
- Set ground rules. Like any other relationship, there needs to be a level of mutual respect. What happens if you see each other outside of the confines of your bedrooms? Is there no texting during the day
Source: 10 Films That Teach Is About Online Dating
Whether you're on eHarmony, Match.com, and OKCupid all at once or could never put a profile out there, one thing is for sure: online dating is here to stay. Meeting people on the Internet is so ingrained in our culture, we can barely remember a time before chat rooms. Each of these movies about finding love on the web offers a specific message we can take away. And no matter if you're a fan of online dating or the whole thing creeps you out, these 10 films are sure to entertain.
Because I Said So: Diane Keaton plays Mandy Moore's overbearing mother who is terrified her daughter will never have a healthy relationship. Diane realizes she might just be looking for some love and checks things out online.
What to Take Away: It's never too late to find love.
- Catfish: This startling movie is under the radar, but forces us to ask some very serious questions. It's a documentary based on a NY boy's online relationship with a
- Because I Said So: Diane Keaton plays Mandy Moore's overbearing mother who is terrified her daughter will never have a healthy relationship. Diane realizes she might just be looking for some love and checks things out online.
Source: 8 Bad Behaviors to Avoid After a Breakup
When the breakup wound is fresh, things can get a little crazy. Research on breaking up has shown that the same part of your brain activated when you're profoundly addicted to cocaine is affected when you are rejected from love. (I really wish someone would have told me that fun fact after my last bad breakup.) So the good news is, part of this whole thing is chemical and it's not totally your fault! But that's no excuse to let your crazy run wild with free reign. There are some behaviors that you absolutely have the power to control and should do so for everyone's sake, including your own. Here's what not to do after a breakup.
- Try to be BFF with your ex immediately. I've never heard of a platonic relationship working out immediately after breaking up with an ex. In order to move on, you need time apart. This situation has a strange way of shifting into a painful friends with benefits situation, which is messy, messy territory.
Source: 4 Things You Might Not Know About Sexting
The wondrous world of sexting may have gained some serious exposure with the Anthony Weiner scandal, but we have the dirt on some facts and research that shift your preconceived notions about who is sexting and what is being sent.
- Virtual foreplay is alive and well. Despite the media coverage, sexting is not a rare occurrence, and it's not just for teenagers or celebrities. Lots of people are able to effectively communicate their desires via text or email.
- Women do it more than men. In a survey of married and single people looking for a relationship online, "researchers found that two-thirds of women reported sending sexually explicit texts or photos of themselves . . . while only half of the men did."
- For men, it's all about the pictures. There may be a reason that women are the ones sending those racy photos. Research indicates that men may be more receptive to close-up body shots than women are.
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Wed, Jul 20, 2011 9:04 PM EDT
Source: Online Dating Horror Storytime: 8 Red Flags to Look Out For
A girlfriend of mine recently shared with me one of the worst online dating experiences I've ever heard. After chatting with the guy for two weeks online and over the phone, things started to smell fishy close to their planned first date (which she ran out of before it even began). She has allowed me to share her nightmarish story in hopes that you will learn from her mistakes, the biggest of which was missing the warning signs prior to meeting. So straight from her lips I give you eight online dating red flags to look out for before the first date.
- Job white lies: The night before their first date the guy asked my friend to be Facebook friends, and something didn't quite match up when it came to where he worked. "He talked about how how he is financially secure and loves his job, and the first status I see, I am not kidding, is 'It's Fourth of July . . . no job and I have $37 to my name . . . what should I
It's down to four fellas on The Bachelorette, and tonight's the night Ashley meets the families! I'm wondering who you think will be the next bachelor, who ends up with Ashley, and who gets sent packing. See the highs and lows of the last men standing - Ames, JP, Constantine, and Ben F. - and tell us your predictions here!
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from The Bachelorette Final Four Scorecard
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Wed, Jul 20, 2011 8:47 PM EDT
Monday, July 25, is an exciting day for all of us who grew up in the '80s and '90s - Nickelodeon is bringing back our favorite '90s Nick shows! Get ready for a flashback to our elementary and junior high school days with a lineup that includes All That, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Clarissa Explains It All, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Rugrats, and Salute Your Shorts. In honor of the TV show reboot, we rounded up our favorite lines from the sassy ladies of '90s Nick who inspired our hairdos and funny bones - enjoy!
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from Lessons Learned From the Ladies of '90s Nick Sitcoms
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Wed, Jul 20, 2011 8:24 PM EDT
Source: 4 Unrealistic FWB Scenarios in Friends With Benefits
Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis's Friends With Benefits comes out next week, and while I thought it was funny and entertaining - plus who can complain about the JT eye candy? - some of the scenes miss the mark when it comes to the realities of a FWB relationship. The movie has several digs at the formulaic Hollywood rom-com, but even with a raunchier edge to it, the just-sex arrangement has been Hollywood-ized. Here are some unrealistic FWB scenarios from the movie.
- Grand gesture: The whole nature of a FWB situation is that it's casual, which means grand gestures like the "running after the girl scene" and last-minute flash mobs probably aren't in the cards (never mind the logistics of organizing a flash mob).
- Not jealous: When Mila's character Jamie starts dating someone else, Dylan (JT) seems a little down that he can't hang out with her, but not really jealous. Then it ends, and Jamie and Dylan go back to