Source: 5 Romantic Dates Beyond Dinner
Your menu of date options should include much more than the expected nice dinner out, whether you're single, in a long-term relationship, or married. When you're just getting to know someone, an active date means less opportunity for awkward silences and more chances to learn something about the other person beyond the predictable life details that always come up as you stare across the table at each other. And once you've been together for a while, going out to a restaurant can become a regular routine, losing its romantic appeal. Find five couples outings that will add some flavor to your dating life below.
See a Movie in the Park
Why it's better than dinner: Ditch the confinements of a restaurant, and find a local park where you can kick off your shoes and enjoy the show on its regular movie night. And unlike in a classic theater, you'll be free to talk - or make out!
When to do it: This is an ideal fourth or fifth date. You should be
Blog Posts by POPSUGAR Love & Sex
Source: 5 Romantic Dates Beyond DinnerRead More »from 5 Romantic Dates Beyond Dinner
I loathe the word cougar - used, for the most part, to try to humiliate women who date younger men (their "prey," known as cubs). But for better or worse, it's in the lexicon, which means that the idea that older women can still be sexy - and sexual - is out there, too. The following group of films shows that the cougar's been around in popular culture for a while, that cougar/cub desire is a two-way street, and that these couplings can be good, bad, or downright scary.
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from The Top 15 Movies With "Cougar" Characters
Source: 5 Vegas- Free Bachelorette Party Ideas
A bride's bachelorette party isn't really just about one last drunken night of debauchery. Let's face it, if she's marrying the right guy, she'll have plenty of those on the horizon! A bachelorette bash is more about spending the kind of intensely girlie quality time with friends that it's hard to find the time or space for once she's happily hitched. So if you're planning a bachelorette party for a friend - or someone is planning one for you! - ditch the clichéd trip to Vegas and plan a truly memorable event that will allow for plenty of QT.
- Head to the beach: For a party that's all about location, location, location, take things beachside. What better venue for relaxing, working on your prewedding tan, and knocking back a cocktail or two than a warm, sandy beach? If you can round up enough girlfriends, forgo the often-skeevy beach motels and rent a house near the sand instead. Need more inspiration? Take a cue from this community
Source: 7 Outdoor Date Ideas
With Memorial Day weekend upon us, we're well into Spring, and I hope you've had some time to enjoy your favorite things about the season, from gardening to driving with the windows down and the music up. Warmer weather also opens the door for a new hot romance or a rekindled spark in a long-term relationship. With Summer and even longer days on the horizon, consider these seven outdoor date ideas.
- Go Sailing: If you live by the water, take a sail or a sunset cruise and breathe in that ocean air.
- Go to an Outdoor Concert: Most bands and artists tour during the Spring so treat each other to tickets to your favorite show.
- Plan a Picnic: Plan a picnic on a lazy Sunday. Pack some non-perishable foods and enjoy the sunshine all day if you can. Take a nap, read a book, or challenge each other to a game of Scrabble.
- Shuck Your Own Oysters: Although you can eat oysters year-round, I love eating them in the sunshine with a nice glass of white wine.
Source: Is the Woman Who Does It All Unhealthy Ideal?Read More »from Is the Woman Who Does It All an Unhealthy Ideal?
Buzz just got ahold of the new trailer for I Don't Know How She Does It, a film adaptation of Allison Pearson's book by the same name, starring Sarah Jessica Parker. The movie's got a great cast (Christina Hendricks and Busy Philipps, to name a couple), and it looks pretty funny and heartwarming - almost what we'd imagine Carrie Bradshaw's life might be like a few years down the line from where we last left her, juggling a loving husband, small children, and a successful career.
SJP's character is frantic and harried, focusing on everyone else's needs above her own, and at one point the trailer asks, "How do you keep life together, without losing it?" But that got us thinking: maybe we should be asking a different question altogether. That is, not just if a woman can have it all, but whether that's even what she should strive for. The idea of a "superwoman" who can juggle an unbelievable number of responsibilities without dropping
Source: 10 Famous Never-Married Couples
A recent study has shown that more and more people are choosing not to marry, possibly due to marrying later in life or living together before marriage. In Hollywood we see engagements and weddings all the time, but there are some couples who have been together for upwards of 20-plus years with kids and everything and go by partner instead of husband and wife. See the never-married celeb couples now!
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from 10 Famous Never-Married Couples
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Thu, May 19, 2011 1:29 AM EDT
Source: Tips For an Enjoyable - and Hopefully Successful - First Date!
Even though we're in the middle of wedding season on the PopSugar Network, we can't forget the beginning of all lifelong or best-forgotten relationships: the first date. Trying to decide whether a perfect stranger is a potential mate can get stressful and tiresome. So I have eight tips to help make it all go as smooth as possible. Add yours in the comments!
- Wear your favorite go-to outfit, rather than trying out a new look. You'll feel more comfortable, and you might as well be yourself.
- Especially if you met the person online, follow these safety tips, including meeting in public and letting a friend know where you're going.
- Plan an outing that won't take all night. That way you can go home if you're not feeling it, or extend the fun if you are. You could just agree on drinks, perhaps at a place you know serves dinner, and opt to dine together if you don't want the night to end.
- Remember to ask a
Source: 10 Women-Only Comedy Moments in Bridesmaids
We saw Bridesmaids this week, and we laughed at the raunchy jokes, teared up at the tender friendship moments, and aww-ed at the too-cute love interest enough to give this flick two thumbs up. Cowritten and starring one of our favorite SNL funny ladies Kristen Wiig, the comedy centers around Kristen's downtrodden character, Annie, and the upcoming nuptials of her best friend, Lillian (played by SNL alum Maya Rudolph). As a lone female-driven comedy in a sea of male-dominated flicks, Bridesmaids has a lot riding on its shoulders as the movie to pave the way for funny films about women for women. So we were curious, what jokes and situations would we see in a comedy with a female cast that would never fly in a boys-only comedy?
Here are 10 moments from the movie you won't see in The Hangover II. Semispoilers ahead!
- Penis-in-the-face jokes: Early on in the film, Annie mimics the "avoid the penis" move by moving her face side to
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Thu, May 19, 2011 1:14 AM EDT
We love movie-inspired engagement photos, so I found even more gorgeous film-spiration for your wedding or e-shoot. From sweet animated flicks like Lady and the Tramp and Tangled to a couple of my personal faves, 500 Days of Summer and Amélie, there's something for all types of theater-goers. If you and your beloved share a love for the big screen, here are some of my favorite movie-themed big day and engagement shoots. Click here to check out more movie inspiration for your big day!
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on FacebookRead More »from Weddings For Cinephiles: Big-Screen Inspiration For Your Big Day
- POPSUGAR Love & Sex | Love + Sex – Wed, May 11, 2011 6:55 PM EDT
Source: Welcome Britain's New Most Eligible Bachelor With Harry's Hottest MomentsPrince Henry of Wales - better known as Prince Harry - is Britain's new number one most eligible royal bachelor now that Wills is officially off the market. There's even a term for women who prowl Britain hoping to star