Source: Ask Your Job Interviewer This, Not That
A job interview is incomplete without a question and answer session that has you doing the asking. You should be prepared with relevant questions about the company, the job at hand, and your potential future with the organization. Keep your interview on the right track, and your foot out of your mouth, by asking questions the right way.
- Don't Seem Entitled:
- Don't Ask: How long before I get a promotion?
- Do Ask: What are the opportunities for advancement, and do you typically promote from within?
- Don't Make Your Interviewer Uncomfortable:
- Don't Ask: Is there anything about me that would prevent me from getting this job?
- Do Ask: What qualifications are you looking for in the person who fills this job?
- Don't Be a Gossip:
- Don't Ask: I heard the CEO was involved in scandalous activity, is that true?
- Do Ask: While