For a devoted recycler, Christmas can be downright painful, with its piles and piles of wrapping paper, discarded holiday cards, ribbons, gift tags, and of course, the now-dead Christmas tree. Luckily, getting creative with your gift wrap can result in eco-friendly - and clever - ideas. Below are 19 ideas - some super earth-friendly, others just a little - to get your creative gift wrap going.
- Upcycle paper grocery bags as gift wrap and decorate with natural materials.
- Print out old family photos, wrap a box lid, then reuse the box year after year.
- Make gift tags by cutting last year's Christmas cards into fun shapes.
- Save your turkey's wishbone and make this gold wishbone DIY as decoration.
- Wrap gifts with items you'd normally discard: Bubble Wrap, shopping bags, newspaper.
- Make gift tags out of old playing cards or baseball cards.
- Use an old map as wrapping paper and mark the recipient's hometown with a paint pen.
More from POPSUGARRead More »from 19 Ideas for Greening Your Gift Wrap