The latest beauty pageant news is making us (thankfully) forget all about Carrie Prejean: A pageant planned for Cambodian landmine victims has been canceled. Similar pageants have been held in Angola, the organization says it's designed to celebrate "true beauty" and "female and disabled pride and empowerment," and the contest winners were to receive custom-made prosthetic limbs. But the Cambodian government decided it would be offensive to those with disabilities. Check out the photos on the official website and let us know what you think-is the pageant offensive or empowering?
The Cambodian pageant isn't a rare case. Here's another pageant about inner beauty.
- 10 Hairstyles That Make You Look 10 Years Younger
- The 10 Beauty Mistakes That Add 10 Years
- The 10 Sexiest Hairstyles Ever
- The 15 Sexiest Makeup Looks of All Time
- Eating More of These Foods Will Help You Shed Pounds