Matte nail polish seems to be popping up all over this summer, but we've never seen a beauty trend divide our office more. And thanks to the new Essie mattifying topcoat Matte About You-which makes any shiny shade dull-the debate has got even more heated. Some staffers are excited, and wearing it over black and purple shades for a tough-girl, rocker vibe. Others, well, they hate matte polish on a visceral level (several compared it to the "nails on a chalk board" feeling.) So where do you fall in this great debate? Are you mad about matte?
Trying to save money on manis and pedis? Make the job look professional with the 3 commandments of DIY pedis.
More from Allure:
- 10 Hairstyles That Make You Look 10 Years Younger
- The 10 Beauty Mistakes That Add 10 Years
- The 10 Sexiest Hairstyles Ever
- The 15 Sexiest Makeup Looks of All Time
- Eating More of These Foods Will Help You Shed Pounds