This quiz told me mineral makeup would work for me, but it's no secret I didn't have the best experience. (Maybe because I used these awful mineral makeup products -- avoid!) TotalBeauty.com readers on the other hand? They freakin' love the stuff. Check out their picks for the top 18 mineral makeup products. After reading that, I'm giving 'em another shot.
No. 18: Joppa Minerals Morning Dew Foundation, $16
No. 17: Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, $18
No. 16: Arbonne About Face Mineral Powder Foundation, $34
No. 15: Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, $19
No. 14: Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation, $14
No. 13: Joppa Minerals Full Coverage Foundation, $16
No. 12: Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals 2-piece Powder Foundation & Brush w/SPF 15, $47
No. 11: Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup/Foundation, $24.50
No. 10: Jane Iredale PureMatte Finish Powder, $36
No. 9: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15, $35
No. 8: Philosophy The Supernatural Airbrush Canvas SPF 15, $35
Blog Posts by The chicks at TotalBeauty.com
This quiz told me mineral makeup would work for me, but it's no secret I didn't have the best experience. (Maybe because I used these awful mineral makeup products -- avoid!) TotalBeauty.com readers on the other hand? They freakin' love the stuff. Check out their picks for the top 18 mineral makeup products. After reading that, I'm giving 'em another shot.Read More »from The 18 Best Mineral Makeup Products
Break out the cupcakes! A new study compared faces of identical twins. They found: The heavier-set twin looked several years younger. Why? Seems extra fat plumps faces and naturally fills lines.Read More »from A New Reason to Eat Cake (As If We Needed One)
But before you binge on Ho-Hos: Try these healthy, youth-ifying tips:
1) Stop all these extremely aging makeup sins, such as dark lipstick and shimmer eyeshadow (see the whole list of sins, plus photographic evidence, here).
2) Beware of bad sunscreen. (Here's a list of the best ones.) You can find your best sunscreen with this quiz.
3) Age 30+? Meet your new best friend, Retinol. Here's why.
4) Apply skin serum before your moisturizer -- it affects how well it works! Actually, here's the whole order your morning regimen should follow: Cleanser, exfoliant, toner, any prescription products, antioxidant serum, eye cream, redness relievers, moisturizer, sunscreen.
5) Pay attention to the backs of your hands; they show age easily. Use sunscreen on them, and moisturize frequently.
Last week on "The Office," the staff spent the day (and most of the episode) debating whether Hilary Swank was hot or not. Totally absurd -- but it sparked a debate at my apartment about "hot" vs. "attractive" and what those two terms even mean.
- Could you use a little hotness boost? These tips will help.
These celebrities really aren't looking too hot.