Ask her out, for goodness sake.
By Lauren Passell for HowAboutWe
Sometimes it's hard to know if a girl is sending you signals to ask her out, or if she is just friendly, or is actually obsessed with your friend, or what. But watch closely for these cues, because if she's throwing them at you, it means she's probably hoping you ask her out. So just work up the courage to do it and do it. Godspeed!
1. She starts liking something random you like after you mentioned you liked it. Oh, what's that? She likes Neko Case all of the sudden? Wowza, what a huge coincidence. She knows all about the Manchester United game even though two days ago she knew shit about soccer? Holy smokes. She knows all about the new Kid Cudi album that just dropped after you were just saying how excited you were about it? Yeah, these aren't coincidences, so don't overlook them. Don't make her feel dumb by saying, "Oh please you said you hate soccer!" Follow her lead. Let her brag about her new knowledge. Teach her something new. Plan a date around
Blog Posts by HowAboutWe
Ask her out, for goodness sake.Read More »from 10 Signs She Wants You to Ask Her Out
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Mon, Jul 16, 2012 1:23 PM EDT
No one goes into a marriage hoping that it dissolves.Read More »from 10 Moves that Will Wreck Your Marriage, According to Judge Lynn Toler from TV’s “Divorce Court”
No one goes into a marriage hoping that it dissolves. (Unless they have serious issues, that is.) So what are the warning signs that you're headed for divorce court? Judge Lynn Toler -- who you may know from TV's Divorce Court -- shared with us some insightful no-nos that, in her experience, have afforded people trips to her court. They are:
1. Touching somebody who isn't your spouse in a place that is usually covered by clothes. People cheat. They get comfortable. They get caught. Then they see me.
2. Fooling around on the inter-net or your phone when you have an easy passcode to figure out.
3. Fooling around on the inter-net or phone in a manner that would get you in trouble if your spouse did figure out the code like sending or receiving pictures of private parts. It happens all the time, even to people who aren't in congress.
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Mon, Jul 16, 2012 1:14 PM EDT
How are we supposed to oogle over cute people we are secretly obsessed with or check out our exes' new girlfriends?
By Lauren Passell for HowAboutWe
As of yesterday, when you visit group pages on Facebook, you can see which group members have viewed each post -- which seems easy enough to avoid. (Don't stalk people via group pages.)
From Facebook's blog: "Starting today when you visit a group, you can view who's seen each post. This way you can stay updated on the group's activity. For example, in your soccer group you can post the new practice time and then see who got the update."
Plus: How To Pick Up People Via Facebook
That seems to be more detrimental than not, if you ask me. How are we supposed to oogle over cute people we are secretly obsessed with or check out our exes' new girlfriends? I honestly don't want people to know where I've been on Facebook, and I honestly don't care where other people have been, either. I can just hear the future of annoying people now: "And I saw that he clicked on her thing 40 times but mine only 20 so what does that mean?"
Plus: A Perfectly Legitimate
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Mon, Jul 16, 2012 1:06 PM EDT
Make breakfast in bed on a random weekday before work.Read More »from 19 Free Things You Can Do for Your Boyfriend that He Will Love You For
By Kevin Armento for HowAboutWe
In response to Lauren's post yesterday, 25 Sweet Things You Can Do For Your Girlfriend That Are Better Than Flowers But Don't Cost A Thing, here's a list I pulled together for the women. Because they're not the only ones who appreciate sweet gestures.
1. Tell him to meet you at a park or the beach, and go for a walk together (especially if he's had a bad day).
2. Cook for him naked. (Yes, it's a cliche, but it works.)
3. When you're watching TV together, tell him to sit on the floor in front of the couch, and give him an impromptu massage.
4. Be the one to suggest hanging out with those friends of his he knows you can't stand. It'll make his day.
5. Wake him up with a blow job. (Can't speak highly enough about this one.)
6. If you've been really busy and it's been hard to find time together, send him a little text to let him know you miss him. Guys will never admit to how much they crave messages like that.
- HowAboutWe | Author Blog Posts – Thu, Jul 12, 2012 12:32 PM EDT
By Lauren Passell for HowAboutWeerotichandgestures_surrealismerotic_hands_nimpsy I suspect you'll be staring at that for awhile. So enjoy.
Oh, the '20s. A time of roaring, flapping things. Like this erotic hand signaling chart (an adaptation of the American Sign Language manual alphabet) from A Book Of Surrealist Games:
Plus: Dino Porn: How Horny Dinosaurs Really
[Brainpickings via ilovecharts; GIF by Jamal Qutub]Read More »from Getting Dirty with Your Hands: The Surrealist Chart of Erotic Hand Signaling
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Thu, Jul 12, 2012 12:28 PM EDT
ME: Here's food for thought: I have a double jointed jaw.Read More »from Sex Diaries: About that Time I Accidentally Sexted for Five Hours
By Virginia Plain for HowAboutWe
Editor's note: Virginia Plain is the pseudonym of a twenty-something woman living in New York grappling with a less than ideal sex life. Read her previous posts here.
You know what you don't expect on a Sunday morning? To get a sext from a guy you haven't talked to in weeks. That happened this past weekend, and honestly I'm not sure what to make of it. Since my split from Real Estate a few weeks ago, things have been pretty blissfully quiet. I guess I've been nursing my love wounds but really, I've never felt better or been happier. You don't think of a break up as being such a positive thing, but for me it truly has been. As I mentioned before, I'm writing about music for fun now and I've been meeting so many interesting and exciting people (not just guys, mind you). It's so nice to be out in the world and to feel alive.
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Thu, Jul 12, 2012 12:13 PM EDT
By Sara Barron for HowAboutWe
So here's the sitch: There's a date in the date-books, and one half of the twosome in question no longer wants to go. We've all been there, on either side of things. We've been canceled on, when we, ourselves, were excited. But that's not what this is. No. This article presumes that you're the one who's doing the avoiding. This article is here to give you better, gentler ways to do it.
1. You're just financially responsible: What we shall be doing in all of these, is drumming up excuses in Read More »from If You Must: 4 Ways to Back Out of a Date You Really Don't Want to Go On
- HowAboutWe | Shine Food – Thu, Jul 12, 2012 12:05 PM EDT
People don't drink enough Rose.2007 Bodegas Pinord Tempranillo, Penedes Clos de Torribas Crianza is a light red that is rich but light enough for summer, and it is relatively easy to find. Malbecs have gone up in price, and this wine is a nice substitute at $11.
By Lauren Passell for HowAboutWe
Want to impress your date without making an impression in your wallet?! HAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE? These wines are deeeeeelish and are guaranteed to make your date run more smoothly. And I for one have never had a bad date that started off with a good bottle of wine.
2. The 2011 Penfolds Chardonnay South Read More »from 10 Wines Under $15 that Will Knock the Socks Off Your Date
There's a lot to think about while you're doing it, so some tiny (but important) things may be slipping under your bj radar.Read More »from 13 Things Your Oral Sex Technique is Missing
By Loretta Folgers for HowAboutWe
For the most part, guys are delighted to receive a blow job -- so shelve any fears or insecurities you may have. That said, there's a lot to think about while you're doing it, so some tiny (but important) things may be slipping under your bj radar. Here's a little reminder of those things you may be forgetting about during oral sex.
To use the rest of your body. Girls are often so focused on pleasuring a guy with their mouths that they forget to put their whole bodies (especially hips) into it. Remember when, in Dirty Dancing, Cynthia Rhode's character Penny told the women that "God wouldn't have given you maracas if he didn't want you to shake 'em!" She was NOT talking about blow jobs, but she might as WELL have been.
It's a lot to unpack, let alone sit through, and reactions will range from exhilaration to boredom to sudden weeping over mommy/daddy issues.
By Kenneth Partridge for HowAboutWe
Concert dates are tricky. On one hand, they're low-pressure situations, since the loud music and large crowds inhibit conversation and keep things from getting too intimate. But planning a musical date means putting your tastes -- and all of their accompanying cultural baggage -- on display. A lot can go wrong.
Date-Safe Acts:Drake: Dating is awkward, and no one knows this better than Drizzy. The Canadian phenom doesn't really rap or sing -- he chats like he's at the psychiatrist, sharing hang-ups everyone has but no one talks about. He reminds us how screwed up we all are, and because his music is as moody and contemplative as his lyrics, you won't embarrass yourself trying to dance.
Metallica: Flying the 'Tallica flag is risky, but next to the other mutants in attendance, you can only look good.