Boozy FruitDig into happy hour tonight! Booze-soaked fruit is the perfect after-hours treat for unwinding with friends or (grownup) family and it couldn't be easier to pull together. Our 3 favorite boozy fruit recipes can be made 1 hour ahead for an instant party...or up to 1 day ahead if you'd like to pack 'em up for a hot day at the beach or park. Grab a pack of party toothpicks if you have time, like the Jewel Tone Puff Picks from Party City, or make your own like we did for the Spiced Rum-Soaked Pineapple recipe below. Either way, these adults-only snacks are dripping with retro charm.
1. Tequila-soaked watermelon with basil and salt
Serves: 10 to 12Ingredients:
- 1 watermelon, sliced into wedges
- 4 to 5 cups good-quality tequila
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
1. Arrange the watermelon in shallow baking dishes. Pour tequila over watermelon, cover and chill, turning once, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
2. Meanwhile, pulse the salt and basilRead More »from Alcohol-Infused Fruit, 3 Ways