-Melanie Kozlan, BettyConfidential.com
Frustrated that you can't sleep when you want to? Try one of these techniques to bring on the zzz's peacefully and naturally.
Tired of being tired? Try some of these natural insomnia remedies and make up for lost sleep.
1. Avoid coffee/tea, caffeine and alcohol at least 4 hours before bed. Alcohol might seem like a quick fix for a night of sleep, but you might only be sleeping off the alcohol and wake up still tired. You also don't want to create a sleep pattern that depends on alcohol.
2. Never exercise close to bedtime. You might feel like you're tiring yourself out, but you're actually waking your body up.
3. Have a small snack before bed. Going to bed hungry will only keep you awake.
4. Develop a routine. Going to bed and waking up around the same time everyday will make your body accustomed to a healthy sleep schedule.
5. Only use your bedRead More »from Sleeping Beauty: 10 Tips and Tricks for Beating Insomnia