If you think it's rude when people text during dinner, in the middle of a conversation, or while trying to order their drink at Starbucks, then you better sit down for this: One in 10 people under 25 have sent a text message while having sex, according to a recent survey conducted by consumer electronics shopping and review site Retrevo. And 6% of people over 25 have done it. Don't text during sex, and don't text him when...
The same study found that 24% of 25 and unders text while going to the bathroom and 49% of them have done it while eating. For those above 25, the numbers are about half of that. That would mean that if you've never fired off a message while bonking, chances are you've received one from someone as they got it on. Disgusting? Strange? Annoying? Avoid these other terrible text habits.
Before you consider hitting two birds with one stone and catching up on correspondences mid-hookup, we'd like to remind you that a recent Stanford University study found that media
Blog Posts by Cosmopolitan.com
If you think it's rude when people text during dinner, in the middle of a conversation, or while trying to order their drink at Starbucks, then you better sit down for this: One in 10 people under 25 have sent a text message while having sex, according to a recent survey conducted by consumer electronics shopping and review site Retrevo. And 6% of people over 25 have done it. Don't text during sex, and don't text him when...Read More »from Have You Done This During Sex?
Whether you've just met your man or are in a long term relationship, this Body Language Decoder deciphers the meanings behind his actions. Read these clues to find out how to tell when your guy is sulking even if he won't admit it.
1) His kiss is yawn-worthy
If he's scoping the scene while he's planting one on you in public, his mind is on other things. Try one of these kissing tricks guys love.
2) He clenches his fists.
Unconsciously making fists is a common sign of a temper that's teetering on blowing. It's a conditioned reflex for men to prepare for a fight when they're angry. If you do fight, here's how to rebound.
3) His jaw is tense.
Check out the spot where his jaw meets his cheekbone. If his mouth is rigid and you can see his jaw flexing, it's a sign he's fuming. Can you decode guy-speak? Take this quiz to access your skills.
4) He averts his eyes.
Because animosity is so hard to conceal, your guy will reduce eye contact- he's subconsciouslyRead More »from Silent Ways He Says He's Pissed
Even though the series ended 6 years ago, the movies continue to give us just enough of an SATC fix that we're just as addicted as ever. Good thing Cosmo has uncovered everything you ever wanted to know about SATC 2. We asked you to tell us why your obsession with SATCburns so deeply. If you can beat these Cosmo girls' love of the fab four, tell us and we might add you to the list!
"A few years ago, I started watching reruns of SATC and fell in love instantly! I bought the entire series, the books, and the movie! I have watched the show and the movie so many times I know them by memory. Every night, I have to watch two or three episodes before I can fall asleep. My boyfriend, family, and friends think I am obsessed, but I don't care! I LOVE MY SATC GIRLS! By the way, as I'm writing this, I am watching the show right now, Season 4, episode 17 'A Vogue Idea.'" - Ivanice Ortiz Torres, 18, Yauco, Puerto RicoRead More »from Confessions of Sex and the City Fanatics
Next time you question your guy's honesty, watch for these little clues to find out whether or not he's telling the whole truth. Plus, watch this video to find out why guys cheat.
1) He looks up and to the left
The next time you ask him a sticky question or he wants to explain himself to you, note which way he looks. If his eyes move up to the right, he's recalling information from his memory. If he looks up and to the left, there's a good chance that he's inventing the answer. Take this quiz to see how well you can decode guy-speak.
2) He toys with his ears or his nose.
If your guy starts toying with his ear or nose (and he doesn't have allergies), be suspicious. When a guy is being deceptive, it's common for blood to rush to his face. His nose and ears will get warm and begin to itch, causing him to unconsciously rub or scratch them. Read these signs to tell if he's cheating.
3) He shifts in his chair or taps his fingers
These tics may make it seem like he'sRead More »from Secret Signals Men Give When They Lie
From the uncensored opinions of men to scientific evidence about what turns dudes on, here's what guys are really paying attention to. Want more? Find out what they think about your hair, skin, and scent.
1) The Skin He Wants to See Most
Showing off your legs, decolletage, and shoulders seems pretty obvious, but the part of your body men go crazy for? The curve of your neck and collarbone. "I go absolutely nuts for a sexy collarbone," says Brandon, 26. "It's one of the most gorgeous, delicate, poetic parts of a woman's body." Find out how to get sexy cleavage.
2) How He Feels About Fake Tans
We asked 100 guys on the street: Is a deep tan during a non-sunny season foxy or too fake? 75 percent said too fake and the other 25 percent said foxy. Opt for a lotion with gradual self-tanners to give yourself a subtle glow, if you're feeling really pasty. We found the best self-tanners for your sex life.
Don't miss Cosmo's Practice Safe Sun campaign! From uncoveringRead More »from What Men Secretly Love About Your Body
Freaked out about fitting in your bikini? Don't be. Just read these amazing tips to look hotter in your swimsuit. No diet required! Plus: Find out how to pick the best swimsuit for your body type.
1) If you know you're going to hit the beach the next day or you have a pool party planned, apply some self-tanner the night before. Focus primarily on the outer and inner sides of your thighs and your tummy area. You'll want to shower in the morning so that you're fresh, but the subtle, extra color will make you more confident.
Don't miss Cosmo's Practice Safe Sun campaign! From uncovering misleading tactics used by tanning salons to supporting national legislation aimed at regulating the indoor-tanning industry, we've got everything you need to know to stay protected from skin cancer.
2) Instead of rushing to lay down your towel on the beach, take a couple extra minutes to discreetly dig a little hole (you can use your foot) in the shape of a large bowl. Then place your towelRead More »from 5 Secrets to Looking Fit in a Bikini
- Cosmopolitan.com | Work + Money – Tue, May 18, 2010 7:49 PM EDT
Conventional relationship wisdom says that being supportive during times of loss and sadness is a good way to strengthen a relationship bond, right? It turns out, however, that celebrating good news with each other may mean even more. Researchers who studied couples' interactions say that the happiest pairs are those who respond positively to their partners' successes. "This was the strongest predictor of current and future relationship satisfaction," says Shelly Gable, PhD, psychology professor at the University of California at Santa Barbara, who led the study.Read More »from Master This Habit to Keep Your Relationships Healthy
To even further strengthen your relationship, break these rules.
Why It's So Powerful
Favorable feedback does more than just flatter. "It validates accomplishments, but it also validates your relationship by showing that you get what's important to each other," says Michele Marsh, PhD, a clinical director for the Council for Relationships in Philadelphia.
Plus, talking to your guy about what occurred lets him relive it a
If you want your hair to look as fantastic as the red carpet stars, we'll let you in on a little secret: It's all in the blowout. All it takes is a few things you already own (hairdryer, round brush, flatiron, simple styling products) and a bit of patience to recreate the look at home. Here's how it's done:Read More »from How to Recreate a Salon Blowout at Home
1. We love Sienna Miller's high-style, low-fuss look. Celeb hairstylist Guido recommends you prep first by rubbing a thickening lotion, like Redken Fabricate Heat Active Texturizer, $13, through damp strands. It'll give extra grip to your brush so you can create a smooth A-list look.
MORE HAIR: 11 Hot Celeb Hairstyles Everyone Is Stealing Right Now
2. Always work from the bottom layers up when blow-drying your mane - pinning the top portion out of your way helps you better see what you're doing.
MORE HAIR: Get Personalized Advice on the Best Cut for Your Face Shape and Hair Type
3. Using a medium-size round brush, grab hair at the roots and run the brush down strands, moving the
Next time life leaves you in a foul, everything-sucks mood, employ these strategies to get an insta-lift.Read More »from How to Break Out of a Blah Mood
1. Take an iPod time-out. Put in your ear buds, and lose yourself in your favorite tunes. A slower tempo will relax you, but music that's heavy and throbbing will let you work through anger or annoyance so you can get those negative emotions out of your system quickly, explains Los Angeles psychologist Yvonne Thomas, PhD.
2. Slick on red lip gloss. Red lips exude confidence and sex appeal. The reaction you get from others will help replace your bad mood with sexy self-assuredness.
3. Crack up in front of your computer. It's impossible to feel bad when you're laughing, so download a video from funnyordie.com or collegehumor.com.
4. Switch on your desk lamp. Harsh overhead lighting can amplify stress and irritation, while a softer glow can help soothe you.
5. Surround yourself with yellow and orange. Studies show that people become more joyful in these warm, bright colors,
- Cosmopolitan.com | Financially Fit – Thu, May 13, 2010 11:13 PM EDT
Between your dress, gifts, and the price of getting your butt to the ceremony, you're spending a small fortune - and that's just on the first wedding of the summer. Thanks to these tips, you can stop worrying about blowing your savings on crystal and candlesticks, and start focusing on which hot groomsman you're going to lay claim to. Plus: Read these juicy confessions of a Bachelor Party Stripper
1. Buy Early, Save Big
It's tempting to put off dropping cash on the gift for as long as humanly possible - but don't. Since people like to snatch up lower-priced options for the bridal shower, make sure to buy something in your range before that happens. Four or five months prior to the big day is a safe bet. Always a guest, never a bride? Don't freak out, just read this.
2. Make It PersonalRead More »from 5 Ways to Survive Wedding Season Without Going Broke
The wedding gift is one thing, but when you add in the bridal shower, bachelorette, and engagement party, what you're shelling out for presents seriously adds up. This is when being creative can pay