We're down to one last month of the carefree season, but there's still time to make sure it totally rocks. Get ready to check these fun to-do's off your list.
The Fun, Cheesy Friend Date
Head over to your local nail salon...to get a nail art manicure. Help each other pick out crazy designs - it's especially fun if you both agree not to break out the polish remover for at least a week. Hey, if Beyoncé could sport Jay-Z's face on her thumb, you can rock a heart or two.
The Food Trend You've Got to Get in On
The restaurant world has a major pizza fetish right now, so it's the perfect time to enlist your man (or a bud) and visit different restaurants for weekly tastings. Bring a scorecard with you to grade each pie on its crust, sauce, cheese, toppings, and overall flavor. By Labor Day, you'll have found a new favorite.
The Best Evening Out with Him
These days, dive bars are way hotter than fancy clubs. And, may we also mention, cheaper. Some even offer keg service at your table instead
Blog Posts by Cosmopolitan.com
We're down to one last month of the carefree season, but there's still time to make sure it totally rocks. Get ready to check these fun to-do's off your list.Read More »from 6 Things to Do Before Summer's Over
Believe it or not, there's actually an upside to the sucky economy: Normally expensive stuff is super-discounted because retailers need to sell it. Meaning, you get amazing deals. Here's how to take advantage.
Ordering this fancy dish at a restaurant is usually a real splurge. Not these days though. Fewer people are traveling this year (because of money issues) to places like Maine and Canada, where the lobsters are caught, so there is more supply on the market.
2. Flat-Screen TVs
In recent months, hi-tech flat screens have come way down in price, so now's the time to pick one up. Manufacturers have figured out how to make better products for less money and flat screens are literally thousands of dollars less than they were a short time ago. Check out brands like Insignia, Vizio, and Dynex; they make really budget-friendly models.
3. Exotic End-of-Summer VacationsRead More »from 5 Deals to Enjoy During the Recession
Here's a secret that can save you big: Airfare prices usually drop after August 18th
Your ass should not grow in direct proportion to your affection for your guy. Follow our tips for keeping couples' bad eating habits in check so you both stay looking as hot as you did the day you met.
1) Learn the difference between your caloric needs and your man's. "Men require 25 to 40 percent more calories than women do, so take a third less than his portion," says NYC nutritionist Martha McKittrick. "Studies show that the more attention a woman pays to how much she consumes on a date, the less she'll eat," says Brian Wansink, PhD, author of Mindless Eating. The good news is that you can have drinks, mozzarella sticks, or dessert in addition to your entrée when you eat out. "Just choose only one of the three extras," says registered dietician Elisabetta Politi, nutrition director at the Duke Diet and Fitness Center. Find out which "harmless" bites will wreck your bod.
2) Next, heat things up at home. "Couples eat better when they cook because they're more aware of portion Read More »from Why Love Sabotages Your Diet (And How to Stop It)
This time of year just begs for casual outdoor dining, where you can relax, get cozy, eat with your fingers, and, if you're feeling sappy, feed each other little bites. Check out this meal from Cosmo columnist and celeb chef Katie Lee Joel:
Meze Platter with Herbed Pita Crisps
Meze is traditional in Greece and Turkey and is the equivalent of tapas or finger food. Make these homemade pita crisps, and buy the rest in the deli at your grocery store. A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice brighten up all the flavors.2 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1 T minced fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
2 pitas, split in half, and each half cut into fourths (use whole wheat for a healthy alternative)
Baba ghanoush (eggplant dip)
Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves)
Extra-virgin olive oil
For the pita crisps: Preheat oven to 400°F. Use a fork to mix butter and herbs in aRead More »from A Sexy Picnic for Two
Read More »from Ivanka Trump's Sexy Success Secrets
Ivanka Trump uses her guts, brains, and magnetic charm - not her last name - to get what she wants. (And now she's even scored an amazing fiance too!) Here, she tells you how to carve out your own success...
1. Learn to Read a Room
In addition to being respectful, always take the temperature of whom you're dealing with. "Know your audience," she advises. "People like aggressive styles or gentle styles or want to feel they're your best friend." By sizing up a situation with small talk - ask about their last vacation or how their family is doing - you sense whether they're in buddy mode or need kid gloves.
2. Work Your Sexiness 24/7
"When it comes to the workplace, there's no such thing as feminine self-expression," she says. Emitting sex appeal on the job makes you alluring - just be smart about it. "Serious cleavage is not appropriate, nor is flirting with potential partners," she warns. Instead, keep your voice at a captivating low tone, and evoke sensuality by saying you are
You went online because there's a huge pool of guys to date, and hooking one is supposed to be easy. So how come you're only meeting losers, or worse, not getting any attention at all? It's not you, it's your profile. No, really. According to Internet dating experts, many women are guilty of making these mistakes online. With a few tweaks and maybe a little white lie or two, your inbox will soon be stuffed with messages from guys dying to meet you.
Mistake #1: You Don't Self-Promote
You might be hesitant to really play up your assets because you worry it will make you seem cocky or self-involved. But leaving out interesting info, like how you're awesome at snowboarding or speak two languages, results in a lackluster first impression.The snag-him secret: Enlist a close friend to help you create your profile. She'll feel more comfortable highlighting your strengths and cool experiences. Another trick is to pretend it's a job you're trying to get, not a date, since women tend Read More »from 3 Fixes to Common Online Dating Mistakes
Staycations just don't compare to vacations. So use these savvy tricks for saving cash while jet-setting.
- For the lowest possible price, book no more than 90 days before your flight, and no fewer than 21 days beforehand. This is when airlines are most eager to fill seats. You can also often get the lowest fares when you leave on a Tuesday or Wednesday, since most people don't want to travel on those days. Find out how to be your guy's dream travel date.
- When it comes to finding deals on plane tickets to your dream destination, bing.com is your best bet. It predicts whether fares are rising or dropping on popular flights, and also lets you track airfares. Just enter in your destination and the dates you'd like to travel, and they'll send you an e-mail whenever prices fall. Get the must-pack beauty products.
- Join a hotel chain's loyalty club. Then, when checking in, tell the desk clerk you're a devoted regular and politely ask if there's any way they could give their "best customer"
It's official: The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi are a couple. Now, we're not saying Tenley falls into one of these categories, but we got men to reveal the five types of women who practically ask to be booted.
1. The Dryer Sheet.
She clings to her guy so tightly that no matter where he goes or who he's with he can't shake her loose. Guys crave freedom, so a Dryer Sheet chick can suffocate a man's style. Even if he tells you that he loves spending time with you or wants you around, consider backing off when you don't have to.
2. The Nutcase.
She heavily flirts with dudes in front of her guy to rile him up and likes screaming at him in public for things like making her go home after she passed out at the bar. Men hate drama and don't want to feel like they're in an episode of "The Hills." No matter how fired up you are about something, keep your cool. Or else...!
3. The Full Discloser.
She tells her beau about her menstrual
1. Begin with a slightly melted ice cube in your mouth. Kiss your guy and pass it back and forth. As it gets smaller and smaller, hide it in different places so he has to try to find it with his tongue.
2. Use the ice cube to trace a chilly path along his naked body and then follow it with your tongue. The temp change will heighten his pleasure, while the anticipation of watching where your lips go will send him over the edge.
3. While giving your guy oral, alternate putting your lips over his penis and lightly rubbing his shaft with the ice cube. The combination of your warm mouth and chilly temperature will make his jaw drop.
4. When your guy is going down on you, have him alternate between lightly touching your clitoris with the ice and using his mouth and tongue. If you're extra-sensitive down there, try it with your underwear on.
5. Have him lightlyRead More »from 5 Sexy Things to Do With Ice
A guy may talk a big game and wear jeans that are tighter than Adam Levine's, but that doesn't mean he has what it takes to keep up with you in the sack...or get you knocked up when you're ready. You can glean a ton about a guy's libido and reproductive health just by eyeballing him. Harry Fisch, MD, author of Size Matters, reveals how to read the clues.
Clue 1: He's Trim Around the Middle
You've no doubt heard that a dude with a gut is more likely to keel over from a heart attack later in life, but it's also a bad sign in the sexual realm. Testosterone is broken down more quickly in belly fat. So that big stomach? It's literally sucking him dry of the stuff.
"Testosterone is the gas that drives the car," Dr. Fisch says. "If it's low, he's going to be low on gas. He'll be tired, he's not going to be able to exercise very much, he's less likely to be in the mood, and his fertility will be lower because a guy needs a certain level of testosterone to produce sperm." FindRead More »from Is Your Guyâ€™s Body Baby-Ready?