No, we're not referring to slobs in pitted-out tee shirts who have funky B.O. We're talking about guys who play hard, work hard, and don't back down when things heat up. Why do we like sweat so much? Let us count the ways....
● If a guy is sweating, he's probably about to take off his shirt.
● A six-pack just looks better when it's glistening.
● Research shows that chemical-spiked perspiration is the closest thing to a love potion.
● Sweat presents the perfect excuse for a coed shower.
● David Beckham just out of the pool: sexy. Just off the field: glorious.
● Sweat makes a man's skin taste better than a margarita.
● A guy who works so hard that he has to wipe his brow is bound to have stamina in the bedroom.
● If he's sweaty, you don't need lube to make things slippery.
● The sexy construction worker/lumberjack/pool boy clichés? Sweat is the reason they exist.
More from Cosmopolitan.com:
Attract Hot Guys Like Crazy
Cosmo's Passion-Prop Game
Sexy Ways to Go Green
Blog Posts by Cosmopolitan.com
No, we're not referring to slobs in pitted-out tee shirts who have funky B.O. We're talking about guys who play hard, work hard, and don't back down when things heat up. Why do we like sweat so much? Let us count the ways....Read More »from Why We Love to See Guys Sweat
Stock your iPod with these summer tunes. They are hot, impossible to get out of your head, and always seem to end too soon. Just like a summer fling.
FOR A HOUSE PARTY...
- "Right Round" by Flo Rida
- "I Love College" by Asher Roth
- "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx featuring T-Pain
- "Love Sex Magic" by Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake
- "Heartless" by Kanye West
- "Halo" by Beyoncé
- "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
- "If This Isn't Love" by Jennifer Hudson
- "Day 'n' Nite" by Kid Cudi
- "Te Amo" by Makano
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga
- "If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
- "I Do Not Hook Up" by Kelly Clarkson
- "Boom Boom Pow" by Black Eyed Peas
- "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks
- "Funny the Way It Is" by Dave Matthews Band
- "He Ain't Wit Me Now (Tho)" by Richgirl
- "El Amor" by Tito El Bambino
- "Seriously" by Crosby Loggins
Forget the psychic and Magic-8 Ball. Simply using these clear-headed strategies can ensure that you do the right thing.Read More »from 10 Rules for Making Better Decisions
1. Go with Your Gut Instincts
A study found that when making simple choices (like what cereal to buy), it pays to be rational. But when it comes to bigger ones (like which job to take), you're better off listening to your instincts. That's not to say you should buy a car on a whim, but if you have weighed the pros and cons and still can't reach a conclusion, let your snap judgment be the tiebreaker and go with what just feels right.
2. Get into a Stress-Free State
Go for a haircut right after you are laid off and you could wind up looking like Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men. The reason being, we tend to act rashly when we're nervous or upset. Research suggests that anxiety not only makes it more difficult to settle on something but also actually makes you more likely to come to the wrong conclusion. So if you're fighting with your boyfriend while choosing
- Cosmopolitan.com | Work + Money – Thu, May 28, 2009 6:48 PM EDT
Going on vacation together is always a mini milestone for a couple. But while you're thinking about moonlit beach walks, he's wondering about whether he can handle the round-the-clock togetherness.Read More »from 4 Rules You Better Follow When Traveling With Your Guy
Since he'll be sizing you up even on your downtime, you better follow these four rules to guarantee smooth sailing...and a return trip.
1. Pack Lightly Men don't want to date women with baggage...especially when they have to lug it. Also, when you pack six bags for a four-day trip, guys wonder if every outing will be a major undertaking. From a guy's perspective, a woman who packs lightly translates to being less high maintenance.
2. Be Yourself and Let It All Hang Out Somehow, strange little quirks seem more endearing when they're unveiled on vacation. So by all means, hang your good-luck horseshoe on the bungalow door. He'll love this about you. Why? When a man asks you to go away with him, he expects to get the real you, not the sanitized version. Your willingness to show your true
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love + Sex – Tue, May 26, 2009 4:56 PM EDT
Yeah yeah, we know that living your life and being happy is the best revenge. But these Cosmo-approved methods are much more fun...
1. Wait until you know he's dining with a new date, then call the restaurant and ask them to tell him that "his mother is on the phone and wants to know when he'll be home."
2. Start a blog called "Hilarious Things I Found in My Ex's Trash." Gain notoriety...and eventually land a book deal.
3. When you go over to his place to claim your assorted belongings, ask to use the bathroom...then squeeze out his shampoo and refill the bottle with Nair.
4. Pay a pregnant friend to pee on a stick that you leave for him with a "Thanks for nothing" note attached.
5. You know his best friend - the guy he can't live without? Show up at his apartment wearing only a trench coat.
6. Decorate his car with a bumper sticker that declares "Small Penis Onboard."
Have you ever taken revenge on an ex? Leave your confession below!
You know that getting it on feels sooo good - but did you also know that it's good for you? Check out the healthy side effects of hitting the sheets.Read More »from 4 Reasons to Have Sex Tonight
1. Sex burns fat.
A moderately active booty session reportedly torches around 85 calories ; that's roughly the same number of calories in two Oreo cookies. Plus, when you're busy in the bedroom, you won't be stuffing your face in the kitchen.
2. It can keep you from getting sick.
People who do the deed once or twice a week have significantly higher levels of an antibody that
improves immunity to colds and the flu.
3. It helps you fall and stay asleep.
You already know that guys are prone to nodding off immediately after sex. But booty is a natural sedative for women too. Both men and women release oxytocin just before orgasm; as this feel-good hormone pulses through your system, it promotes feelings of relaxation and sleepiness.
4. It relieves menstrual cramps.
Many women say that period pain diminishes if they do the deed during a
You want to shed weight for an upcoming event. Do you (a) accept how you look and detag Facebook pics later, (b) stop eating, or (c) follow our simple plan? Yeah, we thought so. Do these four things and by this time next week, you'll be five pounds lighter.
1. Drink Mainly Water. A sports or energy drink, fruit smoothie, or light beer - each serving contains about 100 calories. Yet these beverages don't satisfy you the way 100 calories of food does, so they're a waste. Other liquids may be high in sodium and carbohydrates, which trick your body into retaining water, puffing you out. Water, on the other hand, has zero calories and carbs and little to no sodium, making it the perfect slim-down drink. And strangely, it actually helps flush out excess water weight as well as jump-starts your metabolism. If it's just too boring, add lemon wedges or mint leaves.
2. Have Nightly You on Top Sex. Not that you needed an excuse to hook up with your guy every night, but the fact is, thisRead More »from Sneaky Ways to Lose 5 Pounds Fast
When a guy isn't being totally honest, his body language-not his words-will tip you off. Look for these telltale signs that he's fibbing.Read More »from 5 Signs He's Lying to You
1. Their Tongues Don't Lie
If you ask someone a question and he momentarily flicks out his tongue or licks his lips before answering, he believes he's about to get away with something.
2. They'll Give You a Hand
A liar doesn't want you to examine what he says too closely. And so he'll often unconsciously bring a hand to his face - to scratch a nose, or rub an eye, or stroke a chin - in an attempt to "block" the words as they're coming out of his mouth.
3. They'll Hold Your Gaze
Sometimes a liar is so intent on proving his sincerity he'll stare into your eyes for an uncomfortably long time, trying to prove to you that he has nothing to hide.
4. Their Thumbs Betray Discomfort
If he's standing with his entire hand in his pockets - in other words, his thumbs are in, not out - he's feeling nervous. It's up to you to figure out why.
5. They'll Shrug
For most guys, a kick-ass sense of humor in a woman ranks right up there with a nice rack. But some material is no laughing matter. So while it's cool to clown around, stay away from these supersensitive topics.Read More »from 4 Things to Never Joke About With Your Man
1. His Future Hair Loss With the exception of Vin Diesel and a few others, most guys with shiny chrome domes are not deemed the sexiest men alive. That's why many guys stress about potential future loss. And if there's even a hint of thinning, it's certain to be a really sore subject.
2. His Paltry Paycheck Yes, it's a little Stone Age, but many men still like to think they can bring home the bacon. When their salaries don't stack up, they may feel emasculated. So while you may find it funny to joke about your sugar-mama status, it's not exactly the idea of good stand-up comedy to your guy.
3. His Mom He's allowed to goof on his mother's muumuus, burned Bundt cake, and obsession with Dancing with The Stars---but when you chime in, it's a different story. Guys find it
Get ready to be gorgeous on the beach with these exclusive workout tips from stars' trainers!Read More »from 5 Celebrity Trainer Secrets
1. Kate Beckinsale: Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza "Combine interval and cardio circuit training for one hour. But don't rest for more than a few seconds between each exercise. This should burn 500 to 600 calories and keep your metabolism moving."
2. Chloë Sevigny: Celebrity Trainer Gregg Miele "Do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body will search for an energy source, and since you'll probably have burned all your carbohydrates overnight, it will tap into fat. You could even have a shot of espresso or cup of black coffee before your workout to further boost your metabolism."
3. Eva Mendes: Celebrity Trainer Harley Pasternak "When you're at the gym, focus on the muscles on the back of your body, like your rhomboids (do reverse incline dumbbell rows), triceps (do lying dumbbell triceps extensions), and hamstrings (do dumbbell deadlifts)."
4. Jennifer Garner: