Avoid an eleventh hour rush during the holidays by putting some of the recipes you plan to serve in the freezer. Sage Cornbread Dressing is a great choice to prep and freeze unbaked because this seasonal favorite requires very little last-minute preparation. The savory recipe is made with traditional ingredients of cornbread, celery, onions, eggs, sage, and chicken broth; you can also add sausage or oysters to suit your family's preferences.
Related: Our Top Turkey Dressing Recipes
Sage Cornbread Dressing
Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
- 2 (6-oz.) packages buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 white bread slices, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
Preparation: Read More »from Make Your Thanksgiving Dressing Ahead of Time!