What's the best cut and style for my face shape? It's one of the beauty questions that's most frequently asked by women. Here are some of the best and worst styles you can select for your face shape as seen on favorite celebrities.
Blog Posts by BeautyRiot Diva
- BeautyRiot Diva | Fashion – Mon, Apr 27, 2009 4:48 PM EDT
I'm a *total* sucker for celebrities. So when I got an invitation to attend "An Evening of Luxury With a Great Price" and meet the beautiful Lindsay Price (from "Lipstick Jungle"), I was stoked!Read More »from Talking Recessionista Style Strategies with Lindsay Price from "Lipstick Jungle"
Let me just report that Lindsay is even more stunning in person than she is on television. I couldn't stop admiring her luminous skin. She is also very nice and really smart. So I now officially hate her ;)
We talked about recessionista strategies and got a chance to try out a new line of coordinating body sprays and anti-perspirants from Degree Women, the host of the event.
Here are Lindsay's favorite tips for satisfying the urge to splurge on:
- Accessories. Check out vintage shops and flea markets for cool pieces at great prices.
- Scent. High-quality fragrance doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Degree Women now offers Fine Fragrance body mists with matching anti-perspirant. The bloggers at the event were treated to samples from the line, and they smell dreamy!
- Makeup. Splurge on
- BeautyRiot Diva | Fashion – Fri, Apr 24, 2009 8:04 PM EDT
How would you like your style icon served up? With short, medium or long hair? Overwhelmingly, when searching for celebrity hairstyle inspiration, women prefer medium length styles that offer maximum flexibility. Here are some of the most influential celebrity style icons and their most popular hair looks.*
(*as determined by traffic data on leading hairstyles web site BeautyRiot.com)Read More »from Short, medium or long: how do you prefer your style icon's hair?
Last year, as I met my colorist each month for my regular root touch-up, I watched in amazement as her short hair grew halfway down her back into a glorious head of long hair that even a celebrity would envy. Meanwhile, my medium hair refused to grow past my shoulders despite everything I did to keep it healthy and split-end-free.Read More »from The Fastest Way to Grow Your Hair Long
When I asked how I could get my hair as long as hers, the reply was perversely simple: "Stop cutting your hair. And I mean, stop."
I asked her to explain herself. After all the prevailing wisdom is that you have to get regular trims in order to keep your hair healthy enough to grow. Here are the tips she gave me for growing your hair as long as you want:
1) If you have a lot of damage and/or split ends, get them all cut off. So yes, you do have to cut your hair, but just to get started.
2) Stop shampooing. Using shampoo is the most drying, damaging thing you can do to your hair. Surprised? OK, so you probably can't stop shampooing altogether. But try to
- BeautyRiot Diva | Fashion – Thu, Apr 16, 2009 4:09 PM EDT
Top Ten Prom HairstylesIn my day, we girls didn't have the Internet Machine to help us find our dream look for Prom, and we had to walk a mile to school up hill both ways ;) Now girls can go crazy researching online for hairstyles, dresses, etc. Celebrity red carpet looks are a big source of inspiration.
This year's most popular looks are more diverse than ever (according to the stats from our web site), with Cheetah Girl, Adrienne Bailon, leading the pack.
Here are the top ten most popular prom hairstyles we're seeing this year:
6) Nicole Richie in a unique boho braided updo (one of my personal favorites)
7) America Ferrera in a '60's inspired half updo (I love this one, too!)Read More »from Top Ten Celebrity-Inspired Prom Looks This Year (guess who's #1)