Getty ImagesA recent article in fashion trade paper Women's Wear Daily polled designers and industry insiders on their idea of a bargain. While admittedly, the elite fashion set may have a skewed perception of the retail market, we could not get over some of their comments. Take a look at this sampling:
- "Anything my husband won't yell at me for." - Rachel Zoe, celeb stylist and reality star who has a serious penchant for Chanel.
- "Cheap for me is that great feeling when you look at something, expect it to be four times the price, then look at the price tag and find it's a third of what you were expecting. That's the definition of value to me." - Patrick Robinson, executive vice president of global design for the Gap
- Linda Fargo of Bergdorf Goodman counts Havaianas $18 plastic flip flops as a "cheap thrill."
- Designer Lyn Devon says she buys Michael Stars $34 black tank tops in bulk.
- "Whether it's cashmere socks or buying a Porsche on sale, my mantra is luxury at an affordable