By Sarah Jio, Glamour magazine
OK, so maybe I'm on a spicy chili pepper, lime and cucumber kick. But isn't the color of that drink so yummy-looking? Details after the jump...
I came across this delicious drink idea in the June issue of Cooking Light. It mixes cucumbers with green Serrano peppers (the long, skinny spicy ones!) to create a slightly spicy, refreshing 54-calorie summer drink to sip. Non-alcoholic!
Agua Fresca De Peppino
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled cucumber (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 serrano pepper, seeded
- 3 cups water
- Lime slices (optional)
- Cucumber slices (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Add 3 cups water; cover and refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- Strain cucumber mixture through a fine sieve over a pitcher; discard solids.