My dears, let's take a sec to do a few healthy things today, shall we? Set your work aside for just a moment and think about a few things you can do to improve your wellness (that means body and mind!) today...
1. Eat a crisp fall apple (organic, if possible--apples show up on many lists of foods with high pesticide residues)! (These apple brownies sound good, don't they?!)
2. Hug a breast cancer survivor--it's Breast Cancer Awareness month!
3. Listen to some classical music on your iPod, or just quietly at your desk--research hints that it might improve your mood and productivity!
4. Call your friend, and tell her to meet you at the gym tonight. A fitness buddy can increase your chances of sticking with fitness goals.
5. Think of something yummy and non-alcoholic to drink after work tonight. Even if you keep your wine (or beer or cocktail) to one glass per night, some health experts worry that daily alcohol consumption could increase your risk for breast cancer.