Sometimes a recipe ingredient can turn me right off. Perhaps I'm particularly sensitive to the sound of certain words. Or maybe I've just made unpleasant associations with some words and foods over the years. Anyway, here are my Top 5 most revolting food words:
1. Spleen. I read a cookbook recipe for braised spleen over the weekend. Actually, I read as far as "spleen." I'm sorry, but some things are just not meant to be on my plate. This is one of them.
2. Lacquered. You can lacquer a table or an ornate hairstyle, but not my peaches.
3. Jellied. No explanation needed.
4. Preserved. If something is old enough to have to be preserved, I'd rather not eat it. That's probably just me, though.
5. Offal. This tied with tripe. Can't get my head around those, even though my colleague Siobhan outed herself as an offal convert last week.
If I've put you off your breakfast, feel free to retaliate by posting your own Top 5 Disgusting Foods right here.
by Joanne CamasRead More »from Top 5 Disgusting Food Words