Looking to lose weight or just eat healthier in the New Year? Let us help you weigh the many options out there with our Diets 101 series. Today's diet is the Low-Carb and Smart-Carb Diet.
You know the names: Atkins, South Beach , New Glucose Revolution, and Low GL. Find out how these carb-counting diets work-plus get our low-carb recipes and tips from a nutritionist.
- Carbohydrates are the root of all evil.
- The day starts off with a high-protein meal, and continues in the same vein
- Fast-burning carbs such as white bread, rice, potatoes, and sweets are off the table
- Beans, whole grains, and fruits are allowed in moderation
- Nonstarchy vegetables add nutrients and fiber
- Fat is your friend
This Is Your Diet If...
- You're looking for a high-protein diet
- You're ready to give up white foods
- You need to control your blood sugar
- You'd rather count carbs