USA's Wilma Rudolph, Clarksville, Tenn., hits the tape to win the gold medal in the women's 4 x 100-meter relay at the Summer Olympics in Rome, Sept. 8, 1960.If you're looking for a kick in the pants to jump-start change, look no further than prime-time. With the hours of hard work, sweat, sacrifice, tears, and eventual triumph, the Winter Games are as juicy as daytime soaps and far more edifying. Because when you're looking to change something in your life, to be the best version of yourself, and to take things to the next level, who better than a world-class athlete to shine a light on the way?
- "The potential for greatness lives within each of us." --Wilma Rudolph, former Olympic track and field
- "Ingenuity plus courage plus work equals miracles." --Bob Richards, former Olympic pole vaulting champion
- "The only way to overcome is to hang in." --Dan O'Brien , former Olympic Decathlon athlete
- "Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons in life." --Kristi Yamaguchi, former Olympic figure skating champion
- "A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever."