Throwing a glamourous Oscar party is easier than you think! Try these 15 expert tips plus fast, easy-to-make finger-friendly snacks, and we guarantee yours will be an award-winning bash.
GETTING RED-CARPET READY...
1. Secure your win for most organized host: Let guests know the timetable up front, from pre-show cocktails (it's most fun to point out the worst-dressed actors with a drink in hand!) to dinnertime. Drop-bys will know the best time to make their entrances and exits.
2. Shift furniture to the sidelines, then scatter cushions or thick blankets up front. Add extra plop-down spots where you can.
3. While you're at it, lose coffee-table clutter. "Just put out magazines with awards news or gossip to get everyone in the mood," says Los Angeles-based event planner Yifat Oren.
4. Serve snacks in low bowls and cocktails in short or stemless glasses, so everyone has a clear view of the screen.
5. No need to buy fancy serving platters. Instead, use these everyday items to Read More »from Red-hot red carpet: Expert tips and fast recipes for your Oscar bash