Looking to add vigor to your vestibule, fizz to your foyer? Try these easy ideas.
1. Define the space with a bold color like the red above, which exudes a warm welcome.
2. A runner draws guests into your home. Keep it clear of the furniture so the space has a feeling of openness. And don't let it extend the entire length of the hallway: You want to be sure that the front door can open freely.
3. Here's a clever trick if you don't want the hassle of cleaning a runner: Paint one on the floor instead (a simple, creative way to mask wear and tear, too).
4. Engage visitors immediately by creating an eye-catching wall display. Here, unused pieces of wallpaper are framed eclectically.
5. The same principle works beautifully with a grouping of ornamental mirrors, which has an especially dramatic effect on a dark wall.
6. For a more pared-down version of the idea, try filling a series of shadow boxes withRead More »from 10 Ways to Enhance an Entryway