Tools and tricks for keeping track of everything from toys to keys to just-washed socks.
- Choose a wallet in a vivid color, so it stands out inside your dark purse. Keep it in a zippered pocket, and always return it there.
- Try not to change bags too often. "Transferring between purses creates more opportunities for losing stuff," says Lisa Zaslow, owner of Gotham Organizers, in New York City.
- Use Velcro to attach the remote to the side of the TV when it's not in use.
- Use an electronic finder system.
- If you primarily wear your sunglasses for driving, "leave them in the car," says James O'Connor, president of Clutter Control, a home-organization service in Lake Forest, Illinois. "Or designate a place for them near the front or back door. Don't bring them any further into your home, where they may be misplaced."
- Designate a fabric-lined tray for your reading glasses