Kristina GrishHow to keep your trousers looking like new
How to Wash Your Pants
For Dry-Clean Only
- Make sure your trousers are soft-pressed. Over-pressing creates unsightly shine marks and will shorten the life of the garment.
- Inform the dry cleaner if you prefer a crease or not, since creases can be impossible to remove on some fabrics, particularly cotton.
- If the pants contain spandex, notify your cleaner so that he knows to run them on a short cycle.
- When you get home, remove the plastic, as it won't allow the fabric to breathe. But leave the paper shoulder cover on the hanger to keep the pants dust-free.
- Turn them inside out to reduce fading and protect the buttons and hardware.
- Follow the care label. In general, it's best to wash pants in cold on a gentle cycle and let them air-dry to prevent shrinking.
How to Iron a Pair of Pants
Note: Pleated pants are best left to a dry cleaner. To iron flat-front trousers:
Step 1: TurnRead More »from Pants Maintenance