By Laura Eckstein
1. Plants add life to any room and filter out pollutants. The easiest to care for: money plants, spider plants and succulents, which all do well year-round.
2. Improve a two-color scheme with texture. Above, shiny glass, matte ceramic and velvety leaves keep green and purple looking vibrant.
3. If a room seems scattered, add a dark brown or black item, like this sleek table. It brings focus and balance by naturally attracting your eye.
4. Add energy to your living room by moving the furniture around. For example, the sofa doesn't have to sit against a wall. Go ahead-place it in the center of the room. You can "ground" it by putting a narrow table along the back.
5. Nothing perks up the bathroom like new accessories. Mix patterned towels into the rotation to brighten things up. We love these floral designs from Amy Butler for Welspun.
Bath towel, $12.99 each; BedBathandBeyond.com.
6. Don't keep beautiful objects that you've bought on vacationRead More »from Decorating Made Easy