Now that summer is coming to an end, it's time to figure out what to do with your easy, breezy hair. Below, we've provided 50 essential tips that will help your hair look good long after the warm weather is gone.
Safeguard Your Strands
1. Wash your hair every other day. To absorb excess oil between washes, apply a dime-size amount of baby powder to your roots at the crown and massage it into your scalp.
Related: See the best homemade hair treatments.
2. Get a trim every six to eight weeks to rid hair of dry, split ends.
3. Moisture loss causes split ends, so keep hair hydrated with Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Split End Prevention Leave-In Cream from mid-shaft to ends. ($4.49; at drugstores)
4. Deep-condition hair twice a month to restore health and boost radiance.
5. Be honest! Tell your stylist about any previous chemical treatments. This will ensure nothing is used on your hair that will cause a bad reaction-like hairRead More »from Prep Your Hair for Autumn