By Vanessa Boer
throw pillow on a chair Materials
• Paper (8½" × 11")
• Straight pins
• Iron (optional)
• Fusible interfacing (optional)
• Embroidery or large-eye yarn needle
• Embroidery thread or yarn
• Pillow insert
Photo credit: Lisa Hubbard; Prop styling: Cindy Diprima
1. Print the squirrel, leaf or bunny template from WomansDay.com/pillowcraft onto the paper; cut it out.
Related: Check out 9 bad habits that are actually good for you.
2. Pin the template to the felt and trace around the edges with the pencil. Remove the template and cut the shape out of the felt.
3. For delicate fabrics: Cut interfacing to pillow dimensions and iron it onto the inside front of the pillow cover.
4. Pin the felt silhouette to the outside of the pillow cover.
5. Starting from the back, use embroidery thread or yarn to stitch the silhouette to the pillow with a runningRead More »from Craft How-to: DIY Throw Pillow Designs