Janelle Sorensen, Healthy Child Healthy World:
I'm not sure who the marketing whiz is who came up with this, but PAAS has new themed egg dying kits this year including pirates and princesses. If you see the connection, please let me know because I'm clueless as to how these themes make any sense whatsoever.
Bizarre marketing aside, egg-dying is a really fun family activity - regardless of your religious affiliation. This year, try going au naturale using this fantastic recipe from Michelle Stern of What's Cooking with Kids:
- 1 dozen hard boiled white eggs
- White vinegar
- Colorful ingredients (described below)
- Stickers and rubber bands to make patterns on the egg
1. Hard boil 1 dozen eggs and allow them to cool in the refrigerator.
2. Decide how many colors you want to make and take out the appropriate number of pots.
3. To each pot, add: 1 quart of water and 2 tablespoons white vinegar
4. Add theRead More »from Naturally Dyed Eggs