That is, until you develop a pile of beets, zucchini, or corn that no normal person or family could ever. possibly. consume.
Then you start cursing those fruitful plants, secretly wishing for hail, drought, or a pack of squirrels to come and put you out of your misery.
Aside from pawning off unwanted veggies onto friends and neighbors, there are also plenty of creative ways to make use of summer's bounty. Here are a few of our favorite recipes for some of the season's most prolific producers:
- Beet-root Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes
- Love Potion: Red Beet, Pear, Orange, and Apple Smoothie
- Beet Chips
- Grilled Beet Salad with Almonds and Dried Cranberries
- Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens
- Golden Beet Ravioli with Sundried Tomato and Italian Herb Filling
- Braised Red Cabbage with Beets
- Freekeh Salad with Beets, Cilantro and Lime
Zucchini:Read More »from Tips and Recipes for Using Summer’s Bounty