Perfect for Cinco de Mayo (or any day!), this wholesome vegan quiche has all the Mexican flavors we know and love.
I've used mori-nu tofu here to make this recipe as green as possible. Mori-nu tofu, unlike other tofus, comes in paper-based packaging instead of a plastic cartoon. It's also shelf-stable and therefore doesn't require refrigeration.
The rest of the ingredients, including the Dijon mustard- can all be purchased in glass containers or from bulk bins making this meal completely plastic-free.
- 2 boxes mori nu tofu (any firmness)
- 1/4 c cornstarch or arrowroot
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder (granulated)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (granulated)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 small potatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1+ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped -