Although Modern Family star Sarah Hyland tried on several dresses before settling on the Pamella Rolland column she ultimately wore at this year's SAG Awards, the road to finding "the one" became more complex than the actress initially intended.
"[The dress] was actually a lot shorter," Hyland tells InStyle.com. "I call these mullet dresses-so the mullet was shorter than this, but I was like, 'It's the SAG Awards! I want it to be more fancy,' so, in 24 hours, they remade this dress," she said, adding that the dress arrived Saturday morning at 8 a.m. A mullet never looked so good, Sarah!
• Relive the Best Moments from the SAG Awards
• See All SAG Awards Coverage
• Exclusive! See How Sarah Hyland Got Ready for the SAG Awards
• The Best Celebrity Instagrams of the Weekend
• Sarah Paulson Debuts a Chic Bob on the SAG Red Carpet