More From Lucky Magazine: VIDEO: How To Style Off 10 Pounds Now Real Girl Style Advice 10 Essential Beauty Tips Winter Coats 14 Office Essentials
Blog Posts by Lucky Magazine
More From Lucky: Real Girl Style Advice 10 Essential Beauty Tips Winter Coats Make Your Body Look Amazing! 14 Office Essentials
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Fri, Oct 29, 2010 9:30 PM EDT
All this week, makeup guru Napoleon Perdis is sharing his most tried-and-true beauty tips here on Lucky Right Now.Read More »from Makeup Guru Napoleon Perdis Lists Fall's 5 Biggest Makeup Trends
1. The natural, no-makeup look. Paradoxically, this can be a challenge to pull off. Begin with foundation, and start light. Build on coverage where you need it--don't just cover your entire face like a mask. Test the foundation color on the apple of your cheek (not the jawbone). Follow with neutral colors on the eyes and lips.
2. Strong statement eyebrows. Brows that rival Brooke Shields' famous arches were all over the runways. To get the look, stop tweezing and play up your brows with a brow pencil. Apply color onto the back of your hand and pick it up with a stiff angled brush. Brush it through the brows in short feathery motions to mimic natural hair.
3. Blue eyeshadow. It's uplifting, cool, and suitable for all eye colors. At the Walter show in New York, I sent models out with electric blue shadow made by blending four different vivid colors. Blue liner enhances the
All this week, makeup guru Napoleon Perdis is sharing his most tried-and-true beauty tips here on Lucky Right Now.Read More »from Napoleon Perdis On: Day-to-Night Beauty
The key to a successful quick change is to have the right products in your bag. I am a huge fan of spray foundation. It evens out your skin tone and makes it look luminous in seconds.
When prepping for a night out, don't strip all of your makeup off and then reapply. Doing so can irritate your skin and you could end up with dryness. Build on the coverage you already have. I have a product called the Auto Pilot Pore Minimizer and Mattifyer--I developed it in Australia with US technology because it is so humid over there. You put it all over your makeup to make it last.
You also don't want to start from scratch because the lighting at your office could be (and most likely is) all wrong for makeup application. After you refresh your foundation, pump up your lashes. I'm a sucker for lashes--and Sophia Loren circa Two Women--so you should always reapply your mascara. Then,
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Wed, Oct 27, 2010 11:49 PM EDT
All this week, makeup guru Napoleon Perdis is sharing his most tried-and-true beauty tips here on Lucky Right Now.Read More »from Makeup Artist Napoleon Perdisâ€™s 4 Steps to Flawless Fall Skin
1. It's a no-brainer but it bears repeating: Use a moisturizer with SPF.
2. The next essential is a primer. I'm obsessive about primers--they create a matte canvas for your foundation, and your makeup will stay put. The product binds the foundation to your complexion.
3. Apply your foundation. One of my favorite products is an air brush foundation. It's so quick and easy, and I can't even keep it in stock. It gives you a nice evenness. Keeping your foundation flawless is something women should always invest in.
4. Add blush. Instead of using bronzer all over, you should use blush on your cheeks to give you a nice hint of summer.
Click here for Napoleon's secret to finding the ideal red lipstick for your skin tone.
Pictured: Napoleon Perdis Boudoir Mist spray foundation, $49, napoleonperdis.com
Photo Credit: Conde Nast Digital Studio
More from Lucky:
• Hairstyles We
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Tue, Oct 26, 2010 7:40 PM EDT
All this week, makeup guru Napoleon Perdis is sharing his most tried-and-true beauty tips here on Lucky Right Now.Read More »from Makeup Artist Napoleon Perdisâ€™s Tip for Picking the Perfect Red Lipstick
From crimson to scarlet and ruby, a spectrum of traffic-stopping shades work this fall. Read on for the best way to find your perfect color.
I have a nine minute rule when it comes to lipsticks. Essentially, you need to apply and wear the color for a full nine minutes before deciding if you like it or not.
Do not apply lipstick to the top of your hand and hold it near your face or hair, or anywhere else. You have to put it on over the whole lip. It's like any big change, and you need time to adjust and process. If you don't like the look after nine minutes, it's not right for you.
Pictured: Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipstick in Xenia, $22, napoleonperdis.com
Click here for more of our top red lipsticks this season.
More from Lucky:
• Hairstyles We Love Now
• The Sexiest, Most Flattering Shapewear
• Get Celebrity Hair at Home
• 3 Easy Fall Trends to Try Now
The must-have pieces to break your work wardrobe rut.
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Oct 21, 2010 11:18 PM EDT
Ultra-hot and truly versatile, these are ideal for practically any event.