Hide Your Halloween Stash Chocolate can be toxic to dogs, and the darker it is, the more dangerous it is. "The component in chocolate called theobromine can cause hyperactivity, increased heart rate and arrhythmias, vomiting, diarrhea and seizures," explains Jules Benson, vice president of veterinary services at Petplan pet insurance. "If the dog ingests enough, it can even lead to sudden death." 'Nuf said? So store chocolate candy and baked goods like chocolate chip cookies in a secure place your dog can't reach. And in case of accidental ingestion, call your vet immediately.
Keep Pets Away From AntifreezeRead More »from Is Your Home Too Dangerous for Your Pets?