Blog Posts by Food52
There's nothing more comforting (or impressive) on a cold winter night than a hot gratin from the oven. Here are 4 easy vegetable sides, a cheesy baked dip, and our favorite French Onion Soup -- gratinée, of course.• See more cheesy recipes from the Food52 community.
• Browse more winter recipes on Food52.
• Have a question in the kitchen? The Food52 Hotline is here to help!
An oldie but a goodie, this hearkens back to my cooking school days, with some thanks also to Julia Child. - Merrill StubbsRead More »from Easy, Cheesy: 6 Great Gratins
As the last of the summer jam stock dwindles, and root vegetables take up residence in our crispers, we begin to appreciate freshness wherever we can find it. It is a rare thing to find one single food (let alone a vegetable) that does the nutritional work of all of its counterparts combined -- and is built to thrive through the winter. Enter kale: this gorgeous green is lively and toothsome with an addictive peppery bite. Steamed, sauteed or dressed up raw in a salad, kale is delicious when prepared with a little finesse.Read More »from Kale: The Little Superfood that Could
Even the most glorious greens are best paired with a little dose of decadence. No need to trick the serial carnivores into eating their veggies; these delectable kale recipes will convert even the biggest superfood-phobic. Here are 9 of our favorite ways to turn this nutritional powerhouse into a delight.
-See more kale recipes on Food52.
-Get more ideas for salads from the Food52 community.
-Have a question in the kitchen? The Food52 Hotline is here to
Asian Garlic Green Beans by mtlabor
1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 & 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add generous amount of salt and add green beans. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium Read More »from 10 Takeout Classics, Done at Home
- Food52 | Shine Food – Tue, Nov 22, 2011 12:45 PM EST
- Food52 | Shine Food – Mon, Nov 21, 2011 2:58 AM EST