Making tons of tacos? A serious quantity of salad? If you want to chop up a lot of iceberg without any fuss, the most efficient way is to remove the core, then hack away. You could take the core out with a paring knife and a bit of patience. Or you can use our technique, which takes less than 3 seconds and is so much fun you might find yourself eating wedge salads all week.
See 6 recipes for crunchy iceberg lettuce »
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• A chilled head of iceberg lettuce
• A hard, flat surface
HOW IT WORKS Holding the head of lettuce in two hands, position it so the core of the lettuce is parallel to the flat surface. Slam it down hard; remove the freed core. Slice and chop however you like.
MORE FROM SAVEUR.com
- Picnic Perfect: 32 Recipes Made to Travel »
- Easy Recipes for Steak on the Grill »
- 20 Simple No-Cook Salads »
- VIDEO: Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than 10 Seconds »
- How to Make Juicier Ribs »