If they don't get the sex talk from their parents, they will get it somewhere else.I met Jay when he was four years old. He came into my office because he said, "She's a bitch and I would like to fuck her" to a preschool girl. He was four.
I truly believe that he had no idea what he was saying and what the actual words meant. However, he had been exposed to these words and had even witnessed many things that he never should have. Jay had been recently removed from his parents custody and sent to live with his grandfather.
Why am I telling you this? Your kids are going to school with other Jays now. He's the little boy with behavioral problems. He's the grade-school kiddo who french kisses girls on the bus. He's the sexually promiscuous teenager.
It is not Jay's fault that he was exposed to such vile things at a young age. It will take a lifetime to rewire and "fix" his brain connections around the concept sex and what it means. And unfortunately, Jay is not alone.
More from YourTango: Why I'm Shielding My Kids From Puppy Love
There are hundreds of kids walking
Blog Posts by YourTango.com
If they don't get the sex talk from their parents, they will get it somewhere else.I met Jay when he was four years old. He came into my office because he said, "She's a bitch and I would like to fuck her" to a preschool girl. He was four.Read More »from How to Talk About Sex with Your Kids
Autumn is a beautiful season to enjoy together.Leaves falling, soccer balls, pumpkins, football jerseys, sweatshirts, crisp air ... all indicators that autumn is in full swing. While parents are busy driving from activity to activity and kids are getting back into the school rhythm, we often forget how to connect as families, so here are some ideas:Read More »from 10 Ways to Make Time for Your Family This Fall
More from YourTango: 8 Valuable Parenting Lessons I Learned From My Dog
1. Get involved! Instead of sitting on the sidelines, volunteer to coach or help out.
2. Eat dinner together. Do your best to find the time for this activity, even if it's on the go.
3. Play in the leaves. The fall is too beautiful not to enjoy. Jump in those leaves and tackle each other!
4. Watch a sunset or a sunrise together. With the days becoming shorter, we can enjoy this beautiful part of nature.
5. Get creative. Color, paint or do some artwork together. Kids love getting messy and colorful. Adults should too!
6. Listen to music ... loud. While you are driving from one place to another, turn picking the
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Oct 9, 2012 2:51 PM EDT
When I first find myself in the throes of a breakup, my body shuts down. Even the thought of food, at first, is difficult. My stomach is just as twisted as my heart, I find myself in my bed for too long, and honestly, when I do force myself to eat, I can't even keep it down.
But once the first wave of despair lifts, and I'm able to think about food again, I indulge in my favorite - often made-up - concoctions. I actually only eat the following five recipes for weeks because of the intense comfort they bring. Eventually I start eating other things again, but these have always been my go-to recipes that, for one reason or another, manage to at least numb the pain inside. Maybe they'll numb your pain too. Or maybe you'll just find them yummy. Either way, here they are, with detailed directions!
More from YourTango: How Learning To Cook Refined My Taste In Men
What recipes have helped you through breakups? Share in the comments! And check out more Breakfast, Love & Dinner content.
Read More »from 5 Recipes that Always Help Me to Get Over a Breakup
- YourTango.com | Parenting – Tue, Oct 9, 2012 2:22 PM EDT
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Oct 8, 2012 9:09 PM EDT
Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are calling it quits after 30 years of marriage.Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman long stood out as one of those Hollywood couples who were stuck together like glue. They were in it for the long-haul, or so we thought. So, after 30 years together, does the flame just stop burning? It doesn't have to.Read More »from Danny DeVito & Rhea Perlman Are Divorcing: What Went Wrong?
More from YourTango: Which Celebrity Couple Got Married This Weekend?
According to Entertainment Tonight, a rep for the couple has confirmed their separation and plans for divorce. Perlman and DeVito met in 1970 after a performance of the Broadway play The Shrinking Bride. Perlman had attended to see a friend perform, and DeVito was also in the cast. After the curtains closed, DeVito talked to Perlman and apparently really charmed her. The two moved in together two weeks later.
This means these two have known each other for over four decades! During the course of their romance and marriage, they created their own production company, and worked on multiple projects together on-screen including the film version of Matilda and
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Oct 8, 2012 7:39 PM EDT
Wondering if the lipstick on his collar is yours? Now you can find out.There's only one thing worse than finding out that your partner's cheating: suspecting that your partner's cheating. Unfortunately, it's not always as simple as just asking your partner for the truth. One of the most common ways for unfaithful partners to deflect accusations of cheating is to dismiss their partners' concerns as paranoia. Some even turn the tables and accuse their partners of pondering infidelity.Read More »from How to Know for Sure If He's Cheating
If you can't catch your partner in the act, there are red flags to look for (suspicious errands, a sudden change in grooming or appearance, etc.), but what if you're not 100 percent sure? Should you end your relationship without any hard evidence of infidelity, or wait passively for the truth to come out?
In the past, worried spouses hired expensive private detectives to do the dirty work, if they could afford to pay thousands of dollars. Now Infidelity DNA Testing, operated by the national DNA testing company Paternity Lab Center, makes it easy for any man or
Think you know all there is to know about personal lubricants? Think again...What's lube got to do with it? In this article, everything. Whether you're looking to spice up your relationship or just want to enjoy sex more, a personal lubricant may be exactly what the doctor doesn't have to order. You can pick it up at any drugstore, no prescription necessary! But before you visit that special aisle, get informed with these six essential lube facts.Read More »from 6 Facts About Lube that You Should Know
More from YourTango: Happy Ending Massage for Women
1) There are four basic types of lube. Most lubricants, including most Astroglide products, are water-based and safe to use with condoms. They're easy to clean up and are reabsorbed during prolonged sexual activity, so you may need to reapply them. Oil-based lubes provide good lubrication, but can tear latex condoms. They're best used by couples who've consensually decided not to use condoms. Silicone-based lubes contain no water and aren't reabsorbed, so they're extra moisturizing. If you're looking to have sex in the shower, go with silicone. All-natural
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Fri, Oct 5, 2012 6:14 PM EDT
Are you overweight?A recent report revealed that "women with diabetes are at risk for sexual problems as a result of their condition. One study showed that approximately 18 percent of women with type one diabetes and 42 percent of women with type two diabetes have some degree of sexual dysfunction. Another study indicated that as many as 64 percent of menopausal women with type two diabetes have sexual problems, while approximately 41 percent of pre-menopausal women with type two diabetes have sexual issues."Read More »from Diabetes Linked to Sexual Dysfunction in Women, Says New Study
More from YourTango: How To Eat Well & Lose Weight As A Couple
The main complaints cited were the lack of arousal in general and increased discomfort when having sex. In addition, it was noted that women were less likely to discuss these issues with their physician. When feeling out-of-sorts and out-of-touch with one's body, a partner or a doctor, what can be done to fix the issue?
Your physician and the American Diabetes Association at diabetes.org can help you by answering many of your
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Oct 4, 2012 7:00 PM EDTFlappers! What a fun couples Halloween costume idea.Are you part of a couple? Even if you're not, you can always play the couples Halloween costume game with your BFF. Here are a few suggestions that you and your partner (or BFF) may want to try and pull off this year. We even added some single-girl Halloween costume ideas here for fun. Carly Rae Jepsen and a phone? God, we're brilliant.
Written by Amanda Chatel and Jessica Zaleski for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com:10 Signs Your Guy Is Actually In Love With You
Read More »from 5 More Pop Culture Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples!