Angelina Jolie wasn't always the best-dressed girl at the party, but she has always managed to be the most striking. But now that "soccer team" of babies is a reality, there's a chateau in France, and among other notable developments, that's all changed. Somewhere in between her major image overhaul
Blog Posts by The Frisky
There's nothing wrong with having a splurgy mosey down department store lane, but some of our favorite, not to mention affordable and effective, products come from the same place where we fill our prescriptions.By Erin Flaherty for The FriskyMore To Love From The Frisky: The Frisky Red Carpet S
Is your man not the type of guy to rush out and buy the "Mad Men" suit? You want your man to look his best, and when it comes to his personal style, you're there to help. Still, sometimes strange fashion trends take over even the sanest male mind. From manpris to mandals, hairbands to skinny jeans,
The previews keep leaking for V magazine's much-hyped, so-called "curvy issue" dropping next week, on the 14th. We already saw plus-sized darling Crystal Renn modeling the same clothes alongside standard skinny chick Jacquelyn Jablonski in Terry Richardson's model-off story, and today we get a taste of a sexy Solve Sundsbo joint (styled by Nicola Formichetti) featuring Candice Huffine, Tara Lynn and Michelle Olson to name a few. It's hot, but you have to admit it's certainly thought-provoking and almost jarring to see these women within the context of these slick "high fashion" images. We're just so used to seeing a very specific type of body against this backdrop. After all, we're talking V here, not Glamour. Thoughts?--Erin Flaherty for The Frisky
See More At The Frisky!
- The Frisky's Top 10 Fashion Predictions For 2010
- Top Celebrity Long Hairstyles of The Year
- These Wacky Japanese Beauty Products May Be Headed Your Way
- Can A Facial Fend Off The
Grazia via Daily MailWe've loved Sadie Frost ever since she played the scene-stealing Lucy against Winona Ryder's Mina in "Dracula," but here in the States, we haven't heard much about the British actress unless her name was associated with her ex, Jude Law, whom we've heard entirely altogether too much about. That's why we were surprised to see her today, all of her. The 44-year-old not only guest-edited Grazia magazine, but she also stripped down for a photo shoot. (Talk about multi-tasking.) Of the perfectly imperfect nakey pic, she said, "I want to make a big point here. It's not about taking my clothes off and using digital trickery to make me look slimmer. I'm like any other woman. I have bits I like - my boobs, my shoulders, my arms - and bits I don't - my bum and my stomach." That's right, no airbrushing. She also swears she's avoided the surgery route, having been tempted to tuck her under-eye bags in the past. She's settled on using frozen peas instead. We knew Sadie was the coolest. [Daily MailRead More »from Sadie Frost, 44, Goes Nude Sans Airbrushing
iStockphotoRead More »from The 10 catchiest viral videos of 2009
As bloggers, we're obviously totally addicted to the hilarity on the Internet. And while we're usually posting about the ins and outs of sexy times, we here at The Frisky are giving you the only viral things you just gotta catch-this past year's top vids. They're funny. They're awesome. They're so 2009.-By Simcha Whitehill for The Frisky
10. From the Filipino prisoners who brought you the "Thriller Dance" comes a new big number set to a Queen medley.
9. The Muppets have made lots of classic flicks. This year, they took on classic rock in the coolest cover ever of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." You heard me, Wayne & Garth!
8. Two teen '80s flava favorites collide: Brat Pack movies and babelicious band Phoenix's song "Lisztomania." Sadly, John Hughes, the writer/director, died this year (RIP), but we hope he saw this awesome mash-up vid before he passed.
7. Lindsay Lohan rebounded from her split with SamRo by posting this faux eHarmony commercial on FunnyorDie.com.
6. A lot of famous
We all know the drill: You hand over your dollars, hoping for a visible change and get nothing, nada, bupkis. The following products suck-no getting around it. Avoid them at all costs. By Nina Carbon for The Frisky
More to love from The Frisky:
When Prince sang the lyrics "tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999," he probably didn't think that, in the coming years, his outfit would have gone out of style, come back in, and gone out again. The new millennium brought with it a parade of fashion trends which evolved quicker than ever. Along with the looks we saw come back from the fashion graveyard, a bevy of new ones popped up, too. And while the past ten years have brought us some hot outfits, there are those that turn us off. Here, the worst trends, 2000 through 2009!Read More »from The 11 Worst Fashion Trends Of The Decade
1. Harem Pants: Who had the wise idea to bring these ridiculously shaped pants back? Looking Aladdin-chic lasted about a hot second.
2. Carrie Bradshaw's Flower: It would be easy enough to blame "SATC" for just about every girly trend over the past dozen years, but the most famous one had to be the appearance of Carrie's giant flower accessories, starting in 2000 (Season 3). Did anyone actually manage to pull off this look? We're talking about real people.
Last year, we predicted who and what would make comebacks in 2009 -- we were right about some and wrong about others. (See who and what had a big year in 2009.) Let's get a jump on the new year and predict 2010's comeback stories.Read More »from Predicting The Comeback Kids Of 2010!
1. Claire Danes is performing in Oscar bait "Temple Grandin" next year, a film about an autistic women who is a genius working with animals. She's always lovely but has never reignited the fame she had during the heyday of "My So Called Life" or "Romeo + Juliet."
2. Say buh-bye to the statement necklace because 2010 will be all about dainty and delicate jewelry.
3. 2009 brought us a "Precious," which was a critical success, so I'm hoping we'll see more black films not directed/written by Tyler Perry.
4. Paul Reubens is coming back (whether anybody wants him to or not) because of his revival of "The Pee-Wee Herman Show."
5. Single-camera movies will make a comeback in 2010 thanks to the success of "Paranormal Activity."
6. Sadly, we're still waiting for
Attention, people! The shopping forces have suddenly collided. Whether you missed Black Friday, Cyber Monday or whatever the hell has been happening in between, dresses are on sale like crazy all over the web-with free shipping until the end of the year in plenty of shops-right now. And that's actually really great news, because we could use some gorgeous frocks to wear to holiday cocktail parties and gatherings, and at prices like these, it wouldn't hurt to shop for next year, either. Click through for some mighty pretty ponies with even more attractive price tags.