As Halloween quickly approaches this weekend, you might be wondering what to do with your left-over pumpkins. Pumpkins offer up a lot of great physical healthful benefits, so put down your carving knife and start enjoying the sweet taste of pumpkins and the distinct taste of pumpkin seeds. There's lots of reason to do so!
- Cancer Fighter: Much like carrots, pumpkins are loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene. Those who consume diets rich in this nutrient are said to be less likely to develop certain cancers than those who don't include it in their diets.
- Hypertension: Pumpkin seeds are high in potassium which is known to lower the risk for hypertension.
- Immune System: As a result of its zinc content, pumpkin is wonderful in boosting your immune system.
- Bone Health: Zinc also helps support bone density and, as a result, lessens the risk for osteoporosis.
- Digestion: 90% made of water and high in fiber (3 gms per 50 calories),