There are so many indicators that define us parents and literally set us apart from every other life force on Earth. So, here you have it: 40 Signs You're a Parent or as I like to say, You Know You're a Parent IF…
1. You haven't heard your actual name the entire day, but you've been beckoned relentlessly.
2. If you've ever sang Old MacDonald with the same enthusiasm you once sang I Will Survive.
3. Lying is always an option, as in … "I'm sorry, the arcade is closed on Sunday." "You're right, you do sound just like Beyonce when you sing." and "No, they don't give ketchup at the drive-thru."
4. You have some sort of stain on your clothing that you would literally have to taste to place. What is that latte or spit up? Hmm… Gimme a sec… Oh, it's spit up.
5. You've recently consumed a partial plate of sliders, french fries, chicken nuggets, or mini hot dogs and you weren't attending Mayor McCheese's wedding.
MORE PARENTING HUMOR WITH JENNY FROM THE BLOG: 20 MOMISMS TRANSLATED -- WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN
6. There's a finger in your eye, your ear, or up your nose and it's not yours.
7. You've circled the block quite a few times, solely to extend your date night past 9PM.
8. You've actually fallen asleep while reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, singing the alphabet, or trying to figure out what sound a chick makes.
9. You have an arsenal of shameful tactics to convince other humans to eat ("Here comes the plane." "There's a party in your belly." "Of course, there aren't veggies in this brownie. Why would anyone do something crazy like that?")
10. A bulldozer could roll by your bedroom and you wouldn't even rustle, however you would pop up at the sound of a sniffle at 4AM … across the house … without a monitor … in a thunder storm.
11. You've recently been asked to look at someone's poop for assessment or for no reason at all.
12. You repeat things you swore you would never say, like: "Because I said so." "One day you'll thank me." and "Are your legs broken?" simply because they buy you just a minute of peace.
13. Someone at some point has peed, pooped, or thrown-up on you and all of the above may have occurred the same day.
14. You consider scented hand sanitizer to be a fancy purchase.
15. You live in a world where "Maybe" means never and "We'll See" means, when hell freezes over, but somehow those around you haven't picked up on it yet.
MORE PARENTING HUMOR WITH JENNY FROM THE BLOG: 10 ANNOYING MOMS YOU NEVER WANNA GET STUCK WITH
16. You can cut a sandwich into many more shapes than two triangles.
17. You consider a night at TGIFriday's fine dining.
18. You can't pee, sleep, or shower without knowing there's a distinct possibility you'll have company.
19. You've used all the dishes out of the dishwasher before you got around to actually unloading it.
20. You can use your keyboard, phone, iPad, but there's a good chance your fingers will stick to it.
21. The term "minivan" has a certain je ne sais quoi.
22. You're busier than Martha Stewart, Ryan Seacrest and Donald Trump … all rolled into one.
23. You do more pretend cooking in a miniature kitchen than you do actual cooking in the full sized one (and frankly, you're not sure which tastes better).
24. You secretly wish there was some mommy competition involving your child's trendy crafts because you're a freakin' whiz on the Rainbow Loom, you make a mean potholder, and you're not so bad with a spool of gimp ahem, lanyard.
25. A dance party, song fest, or drawing competition may be impromptu … but it's never unexpected.
MORE PARENTING HUMOR WITH JENNY FROM THE BLOG: THE MOST DISTURBING GAME OF MAKE-BELIEVE EVER
26. Dealing with a monumental breakdown over the over the tag in a shirt, the seam on the sock, or the elastic on of a pair of undies seems totally normal.
27. You know the one rule about stuffed animals: One Can Never Have Too Many of Them!
28. Your make-believe life is way more exiting than your actual life.
29. ANYTHING can be over-dramatized… a trip to Target feels like a Spanish soap opera.
30. There's a Happy Meal toy in your purse.
31. If you find yourself holding a living creature that you would usually run away from screaming.
32. You have an unhealthy knowledge of the point/gem system for Temple Run, Dragonvale, Bakugan, Plants vs. Zombies, Cube Runner …
33. You can't muster the brain power to recall what you ate for breakfast, yet you can inherently transform a Transformer (without the 30 pages of directions it came with).Read More »from 40 Signs that You Are Definitely a Parent