Although I have sub-zero desire to turn on the oven this weekend, I have a huge desire to chow on some cheesy (and low-fat) mac n' cheese. EatingWell has a killer no-bake recipe that will take less than 30 minutes to make. Done and done.
EatingWell's No Bake Mac and Cheese
- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 4 minutes. Add frozen broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 cups milk in another large pot over medium-high heat until just simmering. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk, flour,