As a sort of "back to school" post, our soon-to-be-senior Maddie Phillips reviews the best and worst places to do it on campus (*asterisked items are her "been there, done that" locales):
Library*: Classic. Who hasn't had that hot librarian fantasy? You can play it out on location by making a special trip to the top floor of your university library. Just make sure you keep the noise down, of course.
[Impertinent Question: Have you had sex in public?]
Study Lounge*: This should come as no surprise to anyone who has lived in a dorm before. My boyfriend and I both had roommates that were usually around at night when we wanted to, um, get it on 'til the break of dawn. So, we would lay down for a bit until it was late in the evening and sneak into the study room down the hall and barricade (the lockless) door.
Laundry Room*: Hot bumping and grinding combined with even more hot bumping and grinding.
Empty Classroom: Now this is the kind of extra credit that would draw some
Blog Posts by Em and Lo
Getty ImagesRead More »from College Confessional: Sex on Campus
Tango's excellent article "Top Eight Love Slogans That Lie" (because every kiss does not begin with Kay) got us thinking about ad slogans that aren't about sex but could be. Or should be. Here are our ten favorite...
1. A little dab'll do ya. They were talking about Brylcreem, but every time we hear this we remember it's time to stock up on lube.
[Video: Everything you ever wanted to know about lube!]
2. Let your fingers do the walking. We're think we've probably co-opted this Yellow Pages slogan pretty much every time we've written about the importance of a little handwork during intercourse.
3. Breakfast of Champions. Because a high-fiber cereal like Wheaties is one of the best damn things you can do for your (anal) sex life.
4. Does she...or doesn't she? Clairol my ass, they were totally talking about rimjobs.
5. Please don't squeeze the Charmin. Again, we're pretty sure we've referenced the Read More »from Top 10 unintentionally dirty ad slogans
Q: Is there any way I can get my boyfriend to give up porn?Read More »from Man-handled: Advice from our guy friends
Straight Single Guy (Chris): No. Stop trying. Learn to enjoy it. Suggest some softer-core films that you might be able to enjoy with him. Try Coed Confidential on Cinemax. At best, you'll be able to join him, but you'll never beat him.
[Impertinent Question: Do you watch porn?]
Straight Married Guy (Frederick): You have a favorite dress. You love this dress. Your boyfriend loves it even more. You promise him you'll always wear it. Of course, after three or four months, naturally, you want to wear something else. What if there were a website where you could virtually wear other dresses? It sort of satisfies your desire without breaking your promise to your boyfriend. You visit the website not because you don't still love your dress, you just have an innate urge to see and appreciate other ones. The analogy isn't perfect, but it may be the best way to see porn from his perspective. There's a desire for variety that's stronger in
Is the rhythm gonna get you? Em & Lo want to know what tunes you're bumpin' and grindin' to.
Check out Glamour's 16 sexy, sneaky acts of seduction! Bold, creative, stealthy ideas to get him in the mood.
MORE FROM DAILY BEDPOST AND GLAMOUR:
- Advice: What's Better Than Sex?
Get to your healthiest weight by Fall!
Sign-up now for Body by Glamour-lose inches, get in shape, win prizes, and have fun!
- Top 50 Sex Myths
- Subscribe to Glamour right now and get an exclusive tote bag free!
Read More »from We ask you: What's your favorite sex music?
- Em and Lo | Love + Sex – Wed, Aug 20, 2008 5:50 PM EDT
- Em and Lo | Love + Sex – Tue, Aug 19, 2008 11:56 PM EDT
Read More »from Before I Die I Want to... have sex in a swimming pool
This week's bucket list edition goes out to reader Anna, who writes: "My boyfriend and I would love to have sex in [his parents'] pool at home. Should we do it at night when no one's up but it's dark, or in the day when no one's home (possibly--or the neighbors)? And how do we use a condom in the pool?"
1. Unless your boyfriend's pool has a motion detector, we recommend doing it at night, especially if he has nosy neighbors.
2. Then again, if you're busted "swimming" in the pool at night, be prepared for everyone to know exactly what you were doing. So keep the noise level down and wear your bikini top, just in case.
3. For anyone out there whose boyfriend doesn't have a pool, you guys do all know that it's illegal to have sex in a public pool, right? Not to mention gross--and bad manners to boot. Good. Just wanted to clear that up. (We're assuming the ocean is illegal, too, but if it's totally deserted and you're sure you won't get busted...well, you didn't hear it from us, but we
- Em and Lo | Love + Sex – Tue, Aug 19, 2008 6:16 PM EDT
Getty ImagesRead More »from Top 10 ways the environment can be blamed for your breakup
BET's Lifestyle blog has a post about a woman in suburban Maryland who put the breaks on a date when the guy moved the plans out of her neighborhood. She texted him to announce that "driving to D.C. was not part of my planned carbon footprint." So we thought we'd come up with our top ten favorite ways to dump someone using a green excuse...
1) It's not you, it's my carbon footprint: You live on the other side of town and the Earth just can't afford for us to be together. (Okay I lied: It's the $4/gallon gasoline.)
[Video: Green Sex Toys at Babeland]
2) As a vegan, I can't go down on someone who eats meat, and oral sex is very important to me.
3) I need more time to take care of my plants.
You won't believe these outrageous breakup stories from Glamour!
4) I'm really into recycling, which is why I think it's time I give you up so that someone else can have you.
5) My house is full of environmentally-friendly CFC lightbulbs but I'm afraid the harsh light has just killed my sex
- Em and Lo | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 18, 2008 5:31 PM EDT
Getty ImagesRead More »from LOVE HOROSCOPE: Seeing stars for the week of August 18th
aries (Mar. 21st-Apr. 20th)
Sitting around worrying will not solve all your problems. Neither will yoga. There, we said it: There is such a thing as a problem that yoga can't solve, despite what all the celebrities claim. (And who believes them, anyway? When they say that yoga gives them that special glow, it's just Hollywood code for bulimia, plastic surgery, and a $300 facial.) But anyway, you're too broke for the facial, and too smart for surgery or an eating disorder. So hit the town with some good friends instead; it's twice the therapy and doesn't leave scars or rot your teeth.
taurus (Apr. 21st-May 20th)
Your kindness, consideration, and generosity of spirit are easy pickins for the ruthless, conniving and deceitful. Like a poor little defenseless piggy, you're ripe for becoming some sexy wolf's chew toy. Build a house made of cynicism and paranoia this week; you can always take it down later, once you've made sure your lovers are de-clawed.
[Video: Would you Google a sex
Read More »from How To: Tie your partner's hands in bed
This is "sensual bondage" we're talking about--a kinder, gentler BDSM--that just focuses on simple wrist restraint. Anything more complicated and you'll need to school yourself thoroughly in the safety aspects of bondage, either with a professional or by reading Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook cover to cover. Until then, here are our top ten tips for sweet and simple wrist bondage:
1. What to use: Your best bet is a pair of purpose-made cuffs, with comfortable lining, that shut with either velcro or buckles (the former is way better for quick release in case of emergency, like your roommate coming home). They distribute tension evenly over a wide area, which is what you want. Many come with straps you can tether to your headboard, bedposts, bed frame or bed legs. Stay away from anything that locks with a key, lest you lose it and have to call the fire department. Rope has too high a learning curve to recommend here, and police-issue metal cuffs are too hard on the delicate
Getty ImagesRead More »from Advice: How should I store my sex toys?
Em and Lo:
I have run into a bit of a conundrum with my sex toys--I just can't find a good way to store them. I know that keeping them in a nightstand, while stereotypical, isn't really the most sanitary storage method. Most of the toy storage boxes that I've seen are either designed too small or are suitcases designed for toy party reps. For now, I've been keeping most of my toys in their original packaging, which isn't the most convenient solution. I know what would be ideal--an airtight, compartmentalized case so I could keep my toys in separate sections and not have to worry that a leaky bottle of silicone lube will ruin one of my treasured Fun Factory vibes. Maybe even something that could fit under the bed for easy and conveniently located storage. The problem is, I feel like I'm searching for the holy grail. What do you recommend for the best methods of toy storage?
[Video: A trip to Babeland yields demos of unintimidating, kinky toys.]