Fabio shows how to encourage kids to make food that is fun and nutritious with a slam-dunk chicken finger recipe you and your kids will love to eat.
- Make food for your kids that you want to eat! How else will they learn to love good food?
- For perfectly cooked chicken tenders, slice chicken breasts into small, even size pieces.
- Salting your egg wash will break apart the proteins in the eggs making it bind better to the breadcrumbs. Use panko for a great crispy base that doesn't absorb a lot of oil.
- Never season chicken before it goes in the oil; wait until after or the seasoning will wash off.
- For succulent tenders, don't over-crowd the oil with chicken or the temperature will drop.
Recipe by Fabio Viviani
Yields: 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
3-4 cups all-purpose flour
4-6 eggs, whisked
3-4 cups panko breadcrumbs
light olive oil for frying
For the dipping sauce :
¼ cup honey
¼ cup prepared dijon mustard
1 tbsp. extra virgin