Fabio and guest Niecy Nash celebrate Mother's Day with a sure-fire dessert muffin destined to please your whole family. His amazing 'chef's cupcake' blends two favorites, chocolate and bacon perfectly together and is super easy to bake.Tips:Chocolate 101
- Buy unsweetened chocolate before you buy bittersweet or semi-sweet: while unsweetened can always get sweeter, you can never take the sugar out of the others.
- Cocoa powder quickly becomes chocolate with the quick addition of butter and sugar.
- Never substitute milk chocolate for melting recipes calling for something else: the milk solids will affect the recipe.
- When melting chocolate, always chop it up first so that it melts evenly. Also, when melting chocolate over direct heat, be sure to use a LOW temperature.
- Sweet and Salty: So Happy Together! A hint of salt makes sweet treats taste better: salt awakens our taste buds, making them that much more receptive to sweetness. The proper balance makes two favorites, bacon and chocolate,