How to Throw an Olympics Viewing Party
Inspiring athletes, close finishes…the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, are bound to have you cheering together.
Set the scene: Make an easy mix of sporty and patriotic touches.
• Hang paper garlands. Link taped rings of construction paper (in blue, yellow, black, green and red) around the room.
• Dish up gold-medal plates. Attach red, white and blue ribbons to gold paper plates ($4 for 20, Party City).
• Rate with scorecards. Write numbers 1 through 10 on separate sheets of cardboard and give everyone a set.
Serve something tasty: Show spirit with snacks that are good for the whole team.
• Patriotic nachos: Melt white Cheddar on blue-corn tortilla chips; add salsa. Get extra credit for garnishing with sliced jalapeños in the Olympics logo shape.
• Mugs of soup: Play up the wintertime vibe by serving hearty chili or soup in cups, making couch dining easier.
• Popcorn torches: Fill ice cream cones with caramel popcorn.
MakeRead More »from 9 Gold-Medal Ways to Make Watching the Olympics More Fun!